Menu
Geeps
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail from outside UK

When I try to access my Voicemail (from France) I get this text "Your voicemail has been accessed from another phone. Wasn't you? Please call our team on 789 or dial 222 to reset your pin." I try to enter my usual PIN but it just goes quiet then automated response "thanks for calling..." and line goes dead.  I don't want to spend my money on a call at standard rate from France hence trying this forum to get a response... Can anyone help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail from outside UK

Hello

This is quite normal as the voicemail system detects that you are not on your home network so believes that you are not accessing the voicemail from another number.

Before you went to France did you set up a voicemail pin code, this is different to any other PIN. ?

If you hang around the VM forum staff (and be upto a week to get a response) may be able to set this PIN up for you, normally these would have to be setup before leaving the UK and even when the staff set it up it may not take as under normal circumstances the phone needs to be connected to the home network to enable the PIN.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail from outside UK

Good morning @Geeps 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your voicemail. 

As asked above, did you manage to set up a voicemail pin before you left the UK? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos