cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail cutting people off too quickly

RandyAndy
Joining in
  • Hi, when people try to leave me a voicemail message they get cut off mis sentence after about 10 seconds. Doesn't happen all the time, and not always from the same caller so difficult to pin a pattern to it. Tried ringing VM helpdesk who have tried various things but no joy. Any advice most welcome, thanks.
24 REPLIES 24

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @RandyAndy, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that the voicemail seems to be cutting offer unexpectedly. This is certainly a strange issue. Just to confirm, is this happening on the landline or mobile?

Please let us know, we will then be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for your reply Nathan. It's on my mobile, thanks

Hi @RandyAndy thanks for your reply. 

Can you please try to turn your voicemail off and on to see if this helps resolve it?

For more guidance on this and other troubleshooting tips please see here.

Please let me know if you need any further help following this.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Already tried that one a while back Tom, no joy. 

Hi @RandyAndy thanks for your reply.

Okay - can you please try your SIM in a different handset to see if this happens on another device?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tried that also a while back. Same intermittent problem. Thinking that something may be wrong with my voicemail box at VM ??

Hi @RandyAndy thanks a lot for your reply, that is strange and I do apologise for this.

Can you advise please if the callers that have this problem are all on the same provider?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom different providers, Inc landlines

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and for confirming the steps you have taken. 

Have you previously received a replacement SIM? 

Also, can you please confirm if you have always had this issue or if it has only recently started to happen?

Thanks, 

Nat