Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail comes on after 7 rings about 20 seconds....i want max 30 but dont work.

I know there is a topic on this but i have tried everything but just don't work, my phone is a Galaxy S10 and i have only been on virgin mobile for a day,had there new 8gb unlimited calls/texts.

We have the full t.v set up but new to mobile side.

Rang them 4 times now and gave me 2 long numbers and tried both the 2017 before and after ones with the star and hash and the 30 but i get some message saying invalid error when i hit the send/call on my phone and tried to ring it but still the same about 7 rings or do they class 7 rings as 30 seconds.

1...**61*+447953222222**30 hash (symbol on my keyboard don't work)

2...**61*+447458333222*11*30 hash.

3 people gave me the first one and only 1 the second number but just a code error comes up when i send it something like if i don't get s reply and invalid code.

Only had the SIM today 19/6 so all set to the standard SIM setting, all works if phone is off i get an alert to say i missed a call and a icon at the top of the screen on the bar to say i missed a call until i read message or delete and it goes off in a minute or so.

Any help would be great...........do i have to wait like 24 hours or something.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail comes on after 7 rings about 20 seconds....i want max 30 but dont work.

You have one of the new purple SIM's, so **61*+447458333222*11*30# is what you need to use to set at 30 seconds  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-voicemail

Dial *#61# it should report back with how many seconds your voicemail is set at.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail comes on after 7 rings about 20 seconds....i want max 30 but dont work.

When i try it i just get the same error message and nothing on the 61 on how long the ring time.

The long number i get  ''call forwarding....when no reply for all speech services connection problem or invalid MMi code.

The 61 number i get   ''call forwarding when no reply

Voice. Not forward.... Data not forward..fax not forward..SMS not forward...sync not forward...async not forward...packet not forward...pad not forward.

This is what i get off trying either of the long numbers to make them longer rings and to check for the time already set i get all  ''Not Forward'' ones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jace,

You entered  **61*+447953222222**30#   you missed out the 11
That should be **61*+447953222222*11*30#

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I see but didn't thing it needed it on that one that's what the virgin mobile person said on the phone.

Will try that....thanks.How about checking it after as the 61 number just comes up with what i wrote above and only way i can tell is ring off my house phone and see off the timer how long i have been on the phone, its 7 rings which is around 15 to 20 seconds rough.

Edit..........just tried with the 11 and get the same error message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just rang on phone for the 6th time now and you do not put the   11  on the number as she gave me the number again and no  11  on it.

Tried it and still get that error message that i put above.

I'm a carer so the Max rings i need as for nurses to ring as if i miss it i get an extra 3 rings on 30 seconds setting as now its 7 rings on 20 seconds.

Do they class the 7 rings as there max as they say 30 seconds Max and does it take 24 hours to activate and if so what is this message i keep getting.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Could someone please confirm these few things as this is mad.

1.....is 7 rings before voicemail the 30 seconds for virgin mobile.

2....which is 100% the right number as ringing them the new sim you do not put the   11  into the number (still don't work anyway)

3....how long do you have to wait before it changes,is it 24 hours or just a few minutes or so.

4....Does this error message i always get does that mean it hasn't worked like hasn't sent it to change it as all the while i get it.

It says..''Call forwarding when no reply for all speech services connection problem or invalid MMi Code''

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any help on this above the 4 or so things i have put so i know where i stand.

I have to try and get this sorted being a 24/7 home carer so any help would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jace1969,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the voicemail setup. 

What I am going to do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin