cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail abroad

Susans1948
Joining in

I am in Greece at the moment and cannot access my Voicemail, I do not have a Pin. Tried 789 and cannot get through. Can you help me retrieve these messages.

• Susan
26 REPLIES 26

margarethunter
Tuning in

Had the same problem here in Spain.

Was told to phone one of these:

789 from a Virgin Mobile number

0345 600 0789 from any other phone, or
Alternate number 08001831150

Could try their SMS help system on 07533016422

margarethunter
Tuning in

I have the same problem here in Spain.  Tried the webchat, who gave me these numbers to call:

789 from a Virgin Mobile number

0345 600 0789 from any other phone. The call would be free of charge, no worries.
Alternate number 08001831150

You could also try their SMS help: 07533016422

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Susans1948,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble accessing your voicemails whilst abroad. We do ask that customers set up a voicemail pin prior to going abroad so that they're able to access them outside of the UK. This is done as a security measure.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and help reset your PIN.

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Susans1948,

Thanks for confirming your details with me over PM.

I have now reset your voicemail pin for you - you should receive an SMS shortly with the new PIN. Once received, please access your emails and reset the PIN to a sequence of your choosing.

Let us know if you have any further issues from here :0

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth,

Any chance that you can do the same for me please.  I'm currently in Spain and I've posted a question yesterday: 
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-voicemail-from-Spain/td-p/4816315
which says:

"When I try to access my Voicemail (from Spain) I get this text "Your voicemail has been accessed from another phone. Wasn't you? Please call our team on 789 or dial 222 to reset your pin."

I enter my usual PIN, which is accepted, and then it just goes quiet, then automated response "thanks for calling..." and line goes dead. 

I have voicemails waiting to be read. This has happened before and required a voicemail reset.

Regards,

Margaret Hunter"

Thanks,

Margaret

Hi Margaret, 

Thank you for posting. 

I have gone ahead and responded to your thread regarding this issue. 

If you could please reply to my post on there, we will be happy to assist further. 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi

Can you please send me a temporary PIN, with details of how to change this myself, so I can access my voicemail?

Thanks

Adam

No need for this now - just sorted via phone call.

Thanks, Adam

Hey @iamadam, thanks for reaching out to us, and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry you were having issues with the voicemail but I'm glad you were able to get this sorted out so fast 🙂
Reach out to us if you need anything else.

Kind regards 

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs