Menu
CAmobile
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Voice message PIN required

Hi,

I am currently abroad and have received a voice mail but can't access the voice message because I am asked to enter a PIN and then #.

I have used the voice message service from abroad many times before but this is the first time I am asked for a PIN. I have searched the forum here and already tried 7890 which is suggested by Virgin but it doesn't work.

How can I proceed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice message PIN required

Hi CAmobile, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I hope we're not too late to help you.  I'd like to resolve the issue you're having with your voicemail pin.  To enable me to do so I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi CAmobile

Just a quick post to check you're satisfied that our forum team have reached out to you and tried to help?  I hope you're having a nice time away:-)

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
CAmobile
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Of course thanks to you for reaching out but to be honest this service seems a bit slow. If I hadn‘t contacted Virgin differently I would have waited for a week to be contacted through this forum. I am obviously not criticising you but the Virgin system. The text messaging service which eventually led to resolving the issue also took two days due to passing on the wrong information the first time around. 

Maybe you could pass on to Virgin that there should be more transparent information on the voicemail PIN from abroad. And there should be clear instructions that the team sends out. For example when your PIN ist reset they need to say this is a temporary PIN that will expire after 24 hours and which you use to select your own PIN. I was told it was safer not to use the PIN for 24 hours because it can take that long for it to complete in the system and if you use it earlier and it hasn’t completed I’d be blocked. So I tried it after 24 hours  and was told the PIN had expired and I ended up going trough the whole thing again starting with the robot which I found irritating.

The voice message was from my GP and I shouldn’t have to go through all this to be able to listen to it. There is a lot of room for improvement in the Virgin services.

Sorry for the rant but I hope you can pass it on and I thank you again for reaching out.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback CAmobile and if you don't mind, I will do a direct copy and paste of your feedback?  Sometimes the direct approach is best:-)
Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
CAmobile
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please do!
Thank you for passing on my comments.
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome and when you return, have a safe journey.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos