Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Voice mail

I have today received a text from Virgin Media saying

<< Welcome to your voicemail ! We've created a mailbox for your number 079xxxxxxxxxxx >>

How do I get this permanently removed ? I do not wish to have messages left for me, and many years ago it was deleted - at the request of my husband and myself.

I have absolutely no wish to spend hours on the phone being passed from pillar to post , or waiting to receive a text message after using the text messaging contact 'thingy'.  All I want is for this unwanted voicemail mailbox , which was NOT requested by me, to be permanently removed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice mail

Hi Anhelyna,

Thanks for posting on the community forums, many apologies for our delayed response.

Sadly we aren't able to help with package change requests here from the forums, and removing the voicemail feature would be classed as a package change. Can you please let us know if you have been able to get this feature removed since posting?

Also, were any changes made to your account at all prior to receiving the voicemail stating that voicemail had been set up? I'm not sure what could have triggered voicemail to be activated if you have not requested it.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As it was my husband who had voicemail originally deleted , and he died 13 yrs ago , I have no idea how to remove it.

I've just received my 'New Sim ' and I notice on the letter sent with it that voicemail is set up automatically , by default with that.

I'm waiting till a friend can help me insert the new SIM - oh and BTW it's not Purple but RED
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anhelyna, 

thanks for updating us on this issue, we are sorry that you feel so frustrated due to this feature being turned on when you received this new SIM card. Was your Voicemail inactive on your old SIM card before you swapped it for this new one?

Also, the new migration SIM's are meant to be purple, the old ones are red. Can you check that you have inserted the correct SIM please to make sure you've got the correct one?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My Voice mail - to my knowledge on my old SIM - the SIM which is in my iPhone 8Plus at present - has been inactive for the last many years.

On 28 September I received a text from Virgin - I quote " Welcome to your voicemail ! We've created Mailbox for your number 07906......"

I didn't ask for this and I want it removed ASAP

The new SIM which came in a letter dated 28/09/20 [ and reached me a week later ie yesterday ] is as RED as it is possible to be. It has the words "Pop it like it's hot " on the front and has a default security PIN on it and also a personal unblocking key of 8 numbers. This card has not been inserted and will not be until my friend is able to do it for me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anhelyna,

Thanks for coming back to me about this, I understand your why you want to remove this feature and we will try our best to once you and your friend has completed the SIM switch. Once this has been done we will be able to look into this further for you.

Let us know when your new SIM is in your phone so I can help further 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My friend was able to insert my new SIM this evening 🙂

So far all seems well - I've had a call come in and I managed to send a couple of text messages and have also had the text in from Virgin saying that my new SIM is up and running.

Now I would be grateful if someone would arrange for the unwanted and unrequested Voicemail is permanently removed from my account
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello again Anhelyna,

Thanks for coming back to us about your voicemail, I am glad you and your friend managed to activate your new SIM card. 

I will be happy to look into your mobile account now, I'll send you a PM now so we can chat more securely 🙂

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Big laugh time 😄

This morning I had a text from Virgin Mobile saying that if I didn't insert my new SIM all texts data and calls would stop working in 10 days time 😄

So far everything is still working as it should
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Anhelyna,

thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I was able to have a look at your account and have now turned off your voicemail. 

Please allow 24 hours to elapse so that the change can be fully integrated. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Megan_L

0 Kudos