cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice calls not connecting when roaming

Ddrakeuk
Joining in

Like several other posts on the community, none seems be be answered or resolved.

Quite simply voice calls to or fom UK numbers are silent when roaming on my Virgin Mobile account. They connect and then obviously hang up when there are 10-15 seconds of silence.

Data works fine, so no problem.

This was a problem when I had a Virgin Mobile physical SIM and I thought moving to an E-SIm may help but its not.

This has happened in both Spain and France and I have tried every mobile provider I can connect to, and also reduced connection down to 2G/3G but nothing seems to work.

Mobile signals are strong, and I can even get 5G where I am now in Nice. I have to resort to calling know contacts on WhatsApp.

This is a major issue as I'm concerned for safety if I need to make an emergency call or speak to my wife or someone who is not on WhatsApp.  I'm alone on my bike a lot and need to ensure I can reach people if I have an issue.

Please help to resolve this....

David

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ddrakeuk

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your calls whilst roaming abroad. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide support on roaming issues, as we don't own the 3rd party networks which you are connecting to. 

Can you try turning Airplane Mode on for at least 30 seconds, and if that doesn't work turning the handset off for at least 30 seconds? If this does not work, I advise you speak with the 3rd party network support teams. Please let us know if you have any further issues 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley