forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
MaxB98
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Vodafone switch has made speeds impossible to use.

So i've had my unlimited sim for a few months now, i live in the middle of a known not spot the, fastest broadband out here "2-10" Mbps realistically hitting a maximum of 3 often as low as 0.2.

However my 4G sim was doing wonders getting me an average of 8-12Mbps i could get on with things, unfortunately the recent swap to the vodafone network has now reduced me to an average of 2Mbps at it's best (lowest i've had was 1.8Kbps) and pings in the region of 800-10,500ms (i once even had a full 5s of ping) when trying to use any form of online voice calling for work. I'm not expecting amazing speeds out here but if EE could provide 8-12Mbps i'd at least like the same service.

Is it possible to use EE as the network still or is this impossible?

-Regards Max

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vodafone switch has made speeds impossible to use.

Hi Max, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry for the delay in response and for the issue you are experiencing with your service. 

I am afraid we would be unable to switch the service back to EE sorry. Can you please confirm if the issue is occurring in just the one location or other places? Also, can you please confirm which colour SIM you have with us?

Also, have you tried to manually search for the network from the handset?

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
MaxB98
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie,

I’ve had reasonable service in town centres but I don’t get consistent service all the time. 

ive not tried to manually connect to the network id be happy to give it a go if you provide instructions, I believe the sim is red. 

regards

-Max

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Max, thanks for the reply and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the new connection, can you check the coverage here ^Chris

0 Kudos