Menu
MasterMcIntosh
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Visual Voicemail for iPhones on Virgin Mobile

Hi Virgin Media,

Do you plan on bringing Visual Voicemail to Virgin Mobile UK customers with iPhones? 

I transferred over from EE but am missing this feature. As being a Virgin Mobile customer is very similar to being on EE as it uses their network, I am not sure why Visual Voicemail is not available. From looking at these forums many others are annoying this feature isnt available with Virgin Mobile. Many other UK networks support Visual Voicemail!

Best regards,

Ross

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Visual Voicemail for iPhones on Virgin Mobile

I'm fairly certain Visual Voicemail is only supported by EE and O2

Virgin use EE signal but most other things are their own. Like many MNVOs they are a cut down version of their parent network

There are many things EE offer and Virgin don't  800MHz LTE for example which excludes VOLTE and VoWifi.. No call forwarding to another number comes up a lot as well.

Virgin are great for the basics but it you want the bells and whistles then it has to be one of the big 4

japitts
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Visual Voicemail for iPhones on Virgin Mobile

You can add iPhone eSIM to that list too, sure I've seen someone ask for that on here a month or so ago.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040#europe lists compatibility across all networks, and you're right - visual voicemail is only on O2 & EE in the UK. Virgin Mobile have the same features as GiffGaff where iOS is concerned. to be fair the only other MVNOs in there are TalkMobile (Vodafone) & Sky (O2)

0 Kudos