Menu
JSWood
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virginmoble contract cancelled without my approval.

A little over a month ago. I recieved a call from Virgin, informing me I was eligible for an upgrade.

After hearing the offers, I agreed to a new phone/contract, signed the agreement and was told I would recieve my new phone within a few days. Nearly a week went by and the phone hadn't arrived. After several calls and another week passing. It turned out, that Virginmedia's choice of courier, had been Yodel, who admitted they had lost the package.

I asked for a replacement device to be sent, but was told by a VM rep, they couldn't do that, but they would cancel my upgrade, at no cost to me. (I should think so too!)

At the same time, my mobile phone insurance for my current handset was cancelled by VM and a new one started for the new phone. 

Fast forward to yesterday. I get an automated email, telling me my request to cancel my mobile phone contract, had been accepted and finalised.

Now my phone service no longer works. I have a phone, which I'm still paying for, which is not covered by insurance, which I can't use for anything at all and After speaking with yet another VM rep, I have been informed that there isn't much that can be done at this point.

Instead, she is going to have to contact other departments to try to retrieve my number (which may not even be possible) then I will need to sign up to a pay as you go contract, which I will have to agree to, which she will then "upgrade" to a new, long term contract, with as close to similar terms as my previous contract. At that point, I might be able to upgrade. All of this, I'm told, could take more than a week.

How on earth, is this considered reasonable process?

By what right can virgin media, cancel a legally binding contract, with a loyal and longterm customer, who has done nothing to justify this breach of contract? Indeed, it is Virgin Media's circus of ineptitude that has now, resulted in me being inconvenienced and out of pocket.

And I am expected to agree to a new contract, which will lock me into further commitments with VM?

I am not happy with this proposed convoluted process. I want my legally binding contract, reinstated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmoble contract cancelled without my approval.

Hi @JSWood

Welcome to the Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the cancellation of your Virgin Mobile contract without approval. I am so sorry to hear that Yodel lost the package with your new phone and that you were unable to get a replacement. Apologies that your current Mobile Account has been cancelled in error. This is not the high standard of service we aim to provide at all.

I'd like to take a look at your account and see what I can do to get this resolved. I will send you a PM now for further details, please look out for my message.

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
JSWood
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can't believe I'm still dealing with this.

After waiting nearly 2 weeks for a new sim (which is pay as you go and not contract, as I originally had, prior to Virginmedia breaking their contract with me)

I am now being told, that I can't go back to the same service rate, which I had originally and will have to agree to pay more per month for the same package.

What a nice little money maker for Virgin. Cancel someone's contract, without notice and without consent. Force them to have to get a new contract at a higher rate of cost. Brilliant.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post JSWood

I'd like to assist you further by taking a closer look into this for you

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos