cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin wants to auto‑connect - Samsung Galaxy A40

superplay
On our wavelength

Hi Folks

Over the weekend I updated android on my Samsung Galaxy A40.  Since then the following message keeps showing under notifications:

Android System Virgin wants to auto‑connect
If connected, Virgin can determine your phone's location.

Can anyone shine any light as to what this relates to?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me.

Does this happen when you're connected to your home Wi-Fi or if you're out and about - it could possibly be related to mobile hotspots

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi superplay

Thanks for posting. Can you send us a screenshot of this as I am not sure what it relates too.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

superplay
On our wavelength

Hi John_GS

Screenshot attachedScreenshot.jpg

Thanks

Is that your phone's location settings?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

superplay
On our wavelength

Hi John_GS

Not quite sure I understand you reply

I have looked under 'recent location requests' in settings and this is not listed.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to me.

Does this happen when you're connected to your home Wi-Fi or if you're out and about - it could possibly be related to mobile hotspots

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

superplay
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply

I will check this over the weekend.

No worries at all - do pop us a reply whenever.

Is there anything further we can assist with today?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

superplay
On our wavelength

I am sure that I have have tracked down what this is.  It seems to be related to the 'Virgin Media customer hotspot network'

Connect to WiFi Hotspots | Virgin Media Help

When at home the notification triggers and if I look under available Wi-Fi SSIDs on my phone there is a new one 'Virgin Media' 

Thank you John_GS for the pointers that helped me here.

Great to hear all sorted superplay 🙂

Is there anything further I can assist with today?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team