Menu
Gav_ds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Virgin to Virgin wifi calling not working

I have been with Virgin mobile a couple of months and use wifi calling regularly without issue. My partner ported their number to virgin yesterday. Since then, I have been unable to ring him using WiFi calling, and he cannot call me using WiFi calling. We are both on Virgin mobile, both have Samsung S10s, and we can both ring other numbers using wifi calling, but not each other. All we get when we try is a message saying you have dialled an incorrect number. Turn it off and the call works. Can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening, or more importantly how to fix it??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin to Virgin wifi calling not working

Sounds like the Number Port isnt fully complete yet

0 Kudos
Gav_ds
Tuning in
Message 3 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Well after 48hrs, we still can't get wifi calling to each other to work. When my partner rang customer services yesterday morning they did checks on the line and confirmed it was all done.

@jb66 how long should it take to complete?  Surely once a text is received to say the port is complete everything from then on should work?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 53
Flag for a moderator

If you can ring without WiFi calling I suspect the port is OK

When this happens are you both on the same WiFi network or different ones?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gav_ds
Tuning in
Message 5 of 53
Flag for a moderator

As we have both 2.4 and 5ghz wifi, I've tried on both (with both on same frequency at same time, and both on different frequencies at the same time) to no avail. Could using the same wifi network, and both being on the same network be the issue? 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Not sure as I've never heard of it. Suppose the only way to check is what happens with one being on a different WiFi set up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mikepeppers
Joining in
Message 7 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Same exact problem here.  It's been 3 days since completion of porting numbers.  Wife and I can't call each other on same network using wifi calling, but all other numbers work.  Switch off wifi calling and it works. 

Any fixes?  I'm within 14 days and I'm on the verge of cancelling...

0 Kudos
mikepeppers
Joining in
Message 8 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Further info.  I've tried many different troubleshooting methods.  Here are my findings...

First of all the error that occurs is the call goes straight to error message, "you have dialled an incorrect number"

It's not an apple issue, this is proven by the first writer in this thread.

Between my wife's Virgin Sim and mine, the following are the case:

with Wifi calling enabled we can't call each other

with wifi calling disabled we can call each other

with wifi calling enabled you can receive call from the other sim, if the other sim is disabled.

with wifi calling enabled with both SIMs on the same wifi network calls can't be placed to each other.

with wifi calling enabled with both SIMs on an alternate wifi network calls can't be placed (so it's not the specific Wifi network)

With wifi calling enabled with the two SIMs on DIFFERENT wifi networks, calls can't be placed to each other.

With wifi calling enabled, calls CAN be placed to any other phone on the same network that has WIFI calling enabled on a different Mobile carrier (BT mobile for example)

This same problem didn't exist for us last week with BT mobile SIMs in both our phones.

We've both reset network settings and updated our ios (currently 13.6)

0 Kudos
mikepeppers
Joining in
Message 9 of 53
Flag for a moderator

And this just in....and it's weird.

With wifi calling enabled I cannot call my wife (SIM on same account) regardless of whether she has wifi calling enabled or not ("you have dialled an incorrect number" error happens).

HOWEVER, I can call someone else (a niece) who has Virgin Mobile.  So it appears that this problem only occurs between our two SIMs which are on the same account...

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi mikepeppers,

Welcome to the community and thanks for coming here for help with your WiFi calling issue. Sorry to see that you're having some trouble when you're trying to call your Wife.

You seem to have answered most of the questions which I was going to ask, but can I just check whether you been able to try calling her when you're both connected to different WiFi networks, and not when you're both connected to your home WiFi? From what you've described, I'm leaning towards the fact that may be the cause of the issue, especially since you're able to get through to your niece OK.

Let me know and we can go from there.

Beth

0 Kudos