Menu
dampdog
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin switch to Vodafone

Can't believe it. I have been with Vodafone for 20 years and have put up with so many areas where there is no signal hoping they will improve one day.

Took the plunge and swapped to Virgin and with EE as a provider there is a massive difference with coverage. One week later I see that Virgin will be switching to Vodafone as a provider in 2021.

I won't be coming with you....bad move Virgin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin switch to Vodafone

The risk of the host network operator changing, is always a risk when you sign up with any MVNO. Remember the EE service you're getting now, is also not the same as you'd get with EE direct.

Every network will have good and bad coverage areas.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

The risk of the host network operator changing, is always a risk when you sign up with any MVNO. Remember the EE service you're getting now, is also not the same as you'd get with EE direct.

Every network will have good and bad coverage areas.

ASDA Mobile are moving back to Vodafone from January; again they are a MVNO

As stated, there is good and bad with all networks. Vodafone is decidedly better in my situation. Horses for Courses. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
dampdog
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There are good and bad areas with all providers but my business covers Bucks,Berks,Oxon,Herts,Middx with Vodafone there was loads of bad areas in those counties but changing to Virgin and EE has made a massive difference. I have hardly found any bad spots and we reckon it is 100% better.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well the move to Vodafone won't happen for over 12 months if it is on schedule.(Even then it may not happen with the proposed merger with O2; they could buy out of the agreement)

As an ex business owner my advice would be always to stay away from an MNVO. Apart from moving suppliers many of the other bells and whistles that could prove useful tend to be missing.