Menu
blitter
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin sent an update to my phone - now i can't call

Virgin sent an update to my phone yesterday, now i can only get 1 bar and calls keep failing. I've gone round and round on their website and can't see where i can get help. Any ideas welcome!

thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin sent an update to my phone - now i can't call

Hello blitter

Really sorry to hear of the mobile issues experienced since a recent update, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this via the forums.

Can you confirm if this is still an issue for you please? If so, can you confirm if it happens in one location or anywhere you try? 

Are you able to send and receive texts via the mobile network (not WhatsApp/Facebook messenger)?

What happens when you try to make a call? 

Rob

0 Kudos
blitter
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's still happening, i now only have 1 bar to 2 bars and calls keep dropping which is really frustrating. this happened after Virgin sent some sort of SIM update. I can text. i'm connected to my wifi so don't have a problem with facebook or other data apps

I don't make too many calls but when i do i need the phone to work - it's frustrating having to go through these automated call centres you all operate (banks, utilities and your self included) through layers of options only for the call to drop as soon as you actually finally reach someone.

I've also noted that out and about the number of bars is never high anymore. can you please revert whatever change was made?

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me blitter, I've had a look and there doesn't seem to be any mast issues in your area. You mentioned texts are working okay and you can connect to Wi-Fi without any issues.

Do you experience the issue when making or receiving calls? Are you making the calls via the mobile network or using Wi-Fi calling? 

The changes we have made are to switch us to the Vodafone network, as this is for all customers we can't revert from this.

Rob

0 Kudos
blitter
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah - well that explains it all then - i left Vodafone for a reason which was poor signal, looks like i need a new provider then..

I wondered why i was suddenly having all these issues

for your info: have tried both wifi and not. text is probably working if it's sending an apple text over wifi. my wifi is working fine, i have 500Mb line and it's running well

this is down to vodafone

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah okay, that would make sense if you have had issues with Vodafone service and signal previously. Is this a new contract you have taken with us blitter?

Rob

0 Kudos
blitter
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no i took this out a couple of years ago - could probably do with a shop around anyway

thanks for assistance

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You're welcome blitter, if you  need any further assistance please don't hesitate to get back to me here 🙂

I'm happy to help.

Rob

0 Kudos