Menu
bazdundas
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin not giving information for 3rd party handset

Hi

My son lost his phone and we managed to get a replacement SIM card sent out, eventually.

I am trying to claim for the lost handset on my insurance, not Virgin, and they have asked for confirmation that Virgin have blocked the handset. However - as it is a third party handset Virgin have said they can't block it as they don't log the IEMI of third party handsets, my insurance company think they do/should and mobile providers used to. 

My big problem is they also say they can't send this to me in writing/by email as their system doesn't allow it, they can only send me a copy bill, but I need in writing that they cannot/will not block nor tell me the IEMI of the third party handset being used at the time the SIM card was lost, they will not do this.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin not giving information for 3rd party handset

So we should be able to confirm that the SIM card is blocked and when this was and the reason if that was given when done so.

However, if you purchased your handset from a third party we don't automatically log this on the account, you may be able to do this with the maker of the handset or the store you purchased this at. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos