Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile trade up

Hi

i have recently upgraded to the iPhone 12 pro as when I spoke to virgin media they informed me I could trade my old phone up with no cost, I decided to go ahead with this but since ordering 2 weeks ago I have received no pack to send my old phone back, I have tried to contact virgin through email and telephone and keep getting told the pack will be delivered shortly but still nothing, now I’m getting emails from virgin suggesting I have only a few days left before I have to pay for both my new phone and old phone, how can they justify this when they aren’t helping me send my old phone back? Has anyone else had an issue like this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile trade up

Hi Adamlfc23,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

I'm really sorry for our delayed response from here and to hear you hadn't received your mobile returns pack. Can you please let me know if you've been able to get this sorted since posting?

If not, this is something I can help with from here, so just give me a shout and I can pop you over a PM and take a look.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

no I still haven’t received this package, I’ve contacted virgin 11 times in 4 weeks to resolve this, made a complaint and spoken to the financial ombudsman as you’re breaching the contract, i am not happy and would literally never use virgin mobile again.

since posting the original message I have been charge both contracts after being promised by multiple members of the team I wouldn’t.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adamlfc23,

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm so sorry for the experience you've had with this, and to hear you've been charged for both contracts.

I'd really like to help with this, I appreciate you've spoken with us a lot since posting, but I'd love to be able to get to the bottom of this and get everything sorted. I've sent you over a PM so I can look into your account from there, please feel free to respond whenever you get the chance if you're happy for me help.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

for anyone and I mean anyone looking to join virgin mobile or trade up your phone DO NOT do it.

I have been waiting nearly 2 months for virgin to send out a Jiffy bag so I can return my old phone and they’ve failed to do so on 11 separate occasions resulting in the charging me for 2 contracts. 

disgusting company 

disgusting service 

complaints ignored every single time as they are happy to take my money and do nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Always worth checking out the Trustpilot reviews for a company before using their services.................

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

THEN, avoid like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤐

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Or for just mobile

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/virginmobile.co.uk

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks