Menu
Rubensolo
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile slow speed

Hi everyone,

I switch to Virgin Business Broadband and Mobile. 

Broadband is working perfectly fine but my mobile connection is very unreliable. I use my mobile connection for zoom /skype and the connection will just drop or not work at all which is forcing me to use my EE mobile phone as a personal hotspot. Virgin also advertises the contract as 5G ready which is not the case. The 5G connection will come and go at the same location and the speed of 5G is actually lower than at 4G. Not very happy with the service and I was told I need to pay a termination fee which I think is unfair given the quality of service provided. Anyone experiencing similar issues?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile slow speed

So as Virgin use Vodafone for signal what is reception like at your post code.

As far as 5G is concerned it is important to remember that the build out is nowhere near complete. Vodafone still use a None Stand Alone system which still  relies on 4G masts. Not all of those masts are yet linked so it is possible to change mast and lose 5G. That is changing and the new frequencies plus the refarming of 900 Mhz from 3G will improve things greatly. As a Vodafone user I can tell you it is still possible to be on 4G in a 5G area

Can't comment on speed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rubensolo
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

Issue I have is that connection drops as well as not getting the advertised 5G connection. EE is cheaper, faster and more reliable. I just wish to terminate my contract without any exit fees as I don’t think the service provided is good as well as the poor service received from technical support when I called them for help (turning device off and on was the advice).

58D46511-17D4-445E-8948-92FF56F1694B.jpeg

6F5299DC-CA31-4279-877F-65A358E30918.jpg

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Rubensolo,

Sorry to hear that you are having connection and speed issues with our mobile service. Just to confirm, you did say these were business accounts? If so, regrettably we aren't able to diagnostically connect to these account from within the forums and can only advise speaking directly with our Business Support Teams where we can help getting your connection sorted: https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Rubensolo
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted them. They offer no support or solution for the issues I have experienced so far.

I just wish to terminate the contract as it is now a daily occurrence. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Rubensolo wrote:

I have contacted them. They offer no support or solution for the issues I have experienced so far.

I just wish to terminate the contract as it is now a daily occurrence. 

Again that will have to be done through Virgin Business. The teams on here can't access business accounts and even if the could they don't handle terminations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately we cannot access business account from here. Apologies, Rubensolo.

0 Kudos
Rubensolo
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am not looking for a solution in here. I have used the correct channels. I want to raise awareness of these issues for anyone thinking of switching to Virgin Business mobile.

0 Kudos