Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile recycling no payment

Hi

I recently purchased a Samsung galaxy s10e with virgin media as they were doing a promotion of giving a extra £100 if I was to recycle my old phone. 

I sent my old phone to recycle on the 25th March 2019 I received an email and a txt on the 4th April telling me they have recieved my phone and the experts have tested it and my payment with be made today (could take upto 3 days to appear in account). 

I did not receive that payment. I emailed virgin recycle on the 9th April asking why I haven't received my payment.

It is now 15th April I still haven't recieved my payment or a reply from my email.

This is poor customer service. What do I need to do to solve this? 

This promotion of the extra £100 for my old phone was a big reason why I went with virgin mobile to upgrade my phone

Garry

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile recycling no payment

Hi garrym1234,

With the promotion it can take up to 28 business days for payment into your account from the date that your claim has been validated.

Unfortunately we aren't able to handle mobile recycle queries as they are handled by a 3rd party.

You can find out more info on how to contact the team for further updates here: Mobile Recycle Contact Us

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Thanks for getting back to me. Your the only one who has. Like I said in my original msg I have emailed them on the 9th April and they still haven't had the decency to reply. 

It doesn't mention anything about taking 28 days to process the payment on the website. It says in the email I received, your payment will take upto 3 days to show in my account.

If I phone them up will i get charged for the call?

Thanks

Garry

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 96
Flag for a moderator

The terms and conditions on the website for the promotion advise of the extended timescale for how long payments can take, the aim is 3 days. 03 numbers are treated as landline numbers so are charged at standard landline rate, if you have a phone package that has a call allowance they should be counted against that before you would be charged.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Thanks for your help

Garry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 96
Flag for a moderator

No problem Gary,

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Dont know if you will get this, but it's now been over 28 days and am having trouble trying to get through to someone by telephone. I have also emailed a few times and no reply 

Any other ideas or ways I can contact them and sort this out

Thanks

Garry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 96
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for payment Garry.

It is a third party who looks after our mobile recycling scheme  however we can "hunt around" to see who has a contact and may be able to help you.

Please can you pm me with the below details and we'll investigate once DPA is passed -

Your full name:
Are you the account holder:
Account number/Mobile number/House number and post code:
The 1st, 3rd and 5th characters from your memorable word or phrase on the account:

And as much information as you can supply with regards to the handset, dates, and anything you feel is relevant.

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

How do I PM you ? not done it for awhile a cant remember how? Where the link to PM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I've PM'd you Garry. Let me know if you're having trouble seeing it.

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos