Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile plan not available from virgin

I was thinking of moving my sim only mobile plan to another provider and I went onto the Uswitch site. I found a a plan on the USwitch site 3 gig, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, data rollover, 12 months contract for £6 per month. Surprise! It's a Virgin plan. Spoke to virgin on the phone, they told me they can't offer that plan, if I want it best thing is to terminate my current Virgin plan, and then start a new one through USwitch. I don't think I've ever seen a more ridiculous business model, that encourages customers to leave. I will now be moving to another provider. Anyone else spotted this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin mobile plan not available from virgin

I reported earlier a similar, but perhaps even more of a revolting and moronic issue:  their mobile plan reminder email listed as a recommendation a "similar plan" but significantly cheaper. It does not exist on the list when I look in my account 'available plans' and it does not exist on the list recited by their autmated message for the mobile plans section of their contorted phone support menu.

It would qualify probably as false advertising, wasting significant time, too - and wondering whether it should be reported to some higher body.

Oh, and can't get anybody on the phone, due to Covid - of course... which is the best excuse for any diabolically useless company nowadays.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. It does get worse, I have found the same offer of the same plan through Martin Lewis MSE website. But it still doesn't exist on the virgin list. I've mailed MSE to let them know that Virgin say they can't see it on their system. 

To much hassle, I'm moving to another provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nothing unusual. All networks do plans from time to time on these money sites that are not available direct.

Saw a couple of Vodafone ones the other day that are not on Vodafone's website.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos