Menu
stephenrichards
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile phone has no signal

Unfortunately I'm in a similar position. I have tried a Virgin PAYG mobile and have the same issue in that there is zero signal (emergency calls only) when I'm in my house, despite using the signal checker and confirming the area was good. I'm not getting a response from Virgin, and joined from O2 <7 days ago. I'd rather not have to go through the process of returning the phone. Any other suggestions? 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile phone has no signal

If there is no signal indoors then little you can do. 

As you have bought a new phone is it 5G enabled? If so Virgin could possibly swap you onto Vodafone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stephenrichards
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. Sadly it's not enabled on my phone, I have the Oppo X2 Lite. I'm looking at signal boosters, are they a valid / recommended solution in your experience? 

Sorry just realised - I misread. It is 5G enabled I believe, not Wi-Fi calling enabled.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Legal signal boosters are quite expensive £200 upwards. For calls you need one that works on both 3G with Virgin but 3G has now a limited life, probably 18 months.

You would also need one that works on at least EE and Vodafone as Virgin will be swapping to the latter late this year. 

A lot of money for short term use.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry. Just seen the 5G bit. If it was bought from Virgin after April last year there is no reason for you not to be switched over.

0 Kudos
stephenrichards
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - I've finally managed to get hold of someone that has advised my move to Virgin was "bad timing" as there is an ongoing issue at the moment with a mast... advised to contact them next week if not fixed. I will definitely ask about the potential move. Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just in case I would check out your network status here. It is not unknown for 789 to say something to get you off line.

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Select you have a problem