Menu
simonb51
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile hub

Last week I received a call from Virgin offering me a mobile hub to enable connection to the internet etc. when out and about.  Several times I asked for clarification of pricing.  Each time the agent told me it was a "one off payment of £5."  He then said "£5/month" a few times.  Each time I asked him to confirm that it was a one off not a monthly payment, which he confirmed.

I received the device and the invoice/advice note clearly states £5/month.  Can someone please confirm which is correct?  If it's £5/month then Virgin can have it back.

Foreign-based call centres might be cheap but Virgin should use people with good understanding of English and clear diction.

Ideally, Virgin media should respond.

About time they shared e mail contact details on the web site.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile hub

Hi simonb51

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry for any confusion which has been caused regarding this.

Can you tell us what device you have received from us please? 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

£5 monthly on a 12 month contract is cheapest price of it, cancel quickly while in your 14 day cooling off period  https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/mobile-wifi/?contractDuration=12&tariffID=375866904

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
simonb51
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a verve connect IMO GO

Thank you.

0 Kudos
simonb51
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link teabag. Wonder if it's misunderstanding or deliberate? (Maybe the claims guys will jump on this once PPI finally bites the dust. 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for this Simon. If you no longer wish to carry on with the deal I'm sure it can be sorted out. 

You can either speak with the mobile teams on 789/ 0345 600 0789 to arrange the return of the device, or respond to my PM completing a security check so we can help from here. 

Tom_F

0 Kudos