Menu
wing
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile accessing the internet using mobile data outside my own home

I went to a Virgin Mobile shop and upgraded my sim only mobile data from 300Mb/mth to 2GB/mth. Si I have plenty of data. I was given a new sim. The thing is  on a bus home or anywhere outside my own home far away from my Virgin Superhub I can't connect to the internet using mobile data only. The error message I keep getting is ERR_Internet_Disconnected while trying to access the internet off the air. At home I am OK as I get automatically connected to my Virgin Superhub3.

My android is a Motorola Moto G5 Plus. My settings for mobile data is On.  Automatically select network is set to On. My mobile data usage is showing as zero.

No settings were changed (other than fitting a new sim) at the Virgin Mobile shop. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile accessing the internet using mobile data outside my own home

APN Settings are different for the new SIM cards

First  try and send a text - ALL to 789922 -this should automatically send the APN to your phone.

If not, you can manually enter a new APN  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/New-Purple-Virgin-Mobile-SIM-and-need-the-APN-set...

0 Kudos
wing
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The new sim also uses the same mobile number as the old sim. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The number has nothing to do with it. Have you tried the suggestion for updating the APN settings yet?

0 Kudos