Menu
debhorton01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin imposed sim swap won't work

I have tried to swap the sim Virgin have foisted upon me but instead of the expected message on switch-on of asking for an unlock code my phone aked for Network Key . There was no mention in the letter or on the help section of the website of this question so I was confused but tried to put the unlock code from the letter in, a message flashed up  but was too quick for me to read. I then tried to get help on the website for my particular handset (Alcatel OT-363) but it was not shown in the list there. I then tried to use my IMEI number to search for it but a message came back saying we do not recognise this device. I tried again a few days later to get a different message of the number is invalid. I had no choice  but to put my old sim back in despite receiving several heavy-handed text messages warning me I will lose all my services if I don't swap the sim within so many days.

Since the website doesn't have the answer and trying to ring 789 only warns of call centre closures and long waits for people to answer, this forum is my only option of being able to explain my situation in detail, so please, if anyone from Virgin is monitoring the questions on this forum, could you please help me and all the others suffering sim swap problems, and delay the threatened cut-off of our services?

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin imposed sim swap won't work

Hello

If the site doesn't recognize the IMEI number it could be that the phone was not purchased from VM, do you know where the phone was purchase from if it was not VM then you will need to contact where the phone was purchased from to get the unlock code.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos