Menu
JasonHindley
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have switched our numbers incorrectly, help urgently needed!

On Sunday 29th November I added a new iPhone 11 to my virgin mobile account for my wife. My wife wanted her old number ported to the new phone, which the guy at Virgin arranged. Still hadn't been done 5 days later, so queried it and was told it would be done on Tuesday 8th December. On the 8th, Virgin ported my wife's existing number over MY mobile number, and have lost my number! So now both myself and my wife do not have our original mobile numbers which we have had for over 15 years.

We now cannot access any of our accounts (banking, etc) which rely on OTP codes being sent to us, and none of our contacts can get in touch with us!

Called Virgin on Tuesday to tell them what happened, was told it would be corrected within 24 hours. Called yesterday, was told it would be corrected in 24 hours. Called back today, have been told that I would get a call back within the hour. Still no call!

Can someone please sort this out as a matter of urgency. We can't take calls at the moment from anyone (including our kids schools) and we have had both our numbers removed because someone couldn't carry out a simple switch!

Please Help!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin have switched our numbers incorrectly, help urgently needed!

Hi JasonHindley,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm terribly sorry for our delayed response and to hear that your Wife's number was ported over onto your SIM in error, I can certainly appreciate your frustrations with this and understand the inconvenience it must have caused.

I appreciate it's been a few days since you posted, so I do hope you have been able to get this sorted in the meantime. But if not, please do let us know and we'll do our best to help via PM.

Kind regards

Beth

0 Kudos