cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin error 0 when trying to send text whilst roaming

Amber4
Tuning in

I can not reply to texts and get virgin error 0 whilst I am roaming. I have done all the things recommended in similar posts such as changing spending cap, rebooting, etc etc and nothing. Can someone please assist as I urgently need to reply to the text I received. 
Thanks in advance for any advice and help with this matter

16 REPLIES 16

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Amber4, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when attempting to send a text whilst abroad. 

Can you please confirm if roaming was activated prior to leaving the UK and if you have been able send text messages without issues previously?

Also, are you able to make calls and use data without problems?

Let us know and we will do all we can to help. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

No roaming was activated after I left the UK. I am receiving text and calls which i did not answer. I had no issues sending text in the uk and this was my first attempt at replying to a text whilst out of uk whilst roaming. At present I have no need to make calls or use mobile data so have not tried to do so.

Thanks 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming Amber. 

So we are able to assist further, can you please confirm which handset you are currently using and which Network you connected to whilst abroad?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

Thanks gor getting back to me,  my handset is the Samsung Galaxy a52s 5G. I have the handset set to automatically selecting the provider...but it is mainly Telstra that is connected and occasionally Vodafone.

Thanks 

Thanks for confirming this @Amber4.

As you’re using an Android phone, please can you do the following: Selects Apps from your home screen > Virgin SIM toolkit > Roaming > Mode > Manual > International. Once this has been done you might need to reboot. 

Let us know if this works for you or not. If not, can you advise where you are abroad at the moment?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi

I have done this several times before contacting you and again now and it doesn't solve the problem. 

I am in Australia

Thanks

Thank you for trying this for me again @Amber4. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thank you for joining me on private message @Amber4

Can you advise if you are using a  dual phone SIM? Also, can you confirm what you see as the message centre number is?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi carly

I have answered this in our private messages isn't this the topic page?