Menu
Basicallybkwd
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin disallowing forwarding other network

My wife is on virgin and my work phone is on O2. I recently forwarded all work calls on my work number to a landline. No other networks or landlines have any issues with calling my work mobile and the call being forwarded to the landline. However my wife her sister brother-in-law and my stepson who are all on virgin when they call my work phone the call is not allowed through. I have contacted virgin and O2 with no success. I know virgin does not allow forwarding directly on their network but the forwarding is on O2’s network but it’s only callers including possible customers who are on the virgin network that are not permitted to go through. Any idea’s 💡 

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin disallowing forwarding other network

Hi Basicallybkwd, 

welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear that calls from your family members Virgin Mobiles are not being redirected on your O2 number. 

When they call, are they getting any sort of message or an engaged tone at all? 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Basicallybkwd
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there is no no ringtone or noise as such it's a little bit like when you dial a number and it doesn't connect and you kind of get some beep beep noises and it just cuts off.

If you take the forwarding feature off it connects

absolutely not a problem. Andy

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, Basicallybkwd,

Can you confirm if when you have the forwarding switched off,  if the calls are connecting to your O2 phone OK

Can you also confirm if your work phone is called directly by the Virgin phones if they connect OK?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Basicallybkwd
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, I have on my O2 phone it permanently forwarded to the landline number.

If the virgin caller calls its just gets cut off. If it turn the forwarding feature off the virgin caller will get through no problem, the same as if they call the landline number directly.

Andy

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Basicallybkwd,

This is likely to be the forwarding service that is rejecting the caller, but I will send you a PM to get your wife's mobile details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos