cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin data issues - sloooooowwwww

alexdc12
On our wavelength

My Virgin data has been diabolical lately for months now it has been practically unusable. I called 789 about a month ago and had a useless conversation over how he told me there are no issues which I disagree with. 

I had an Android phone and a iPhone side by side both on virgin with rubbish speeds. Around 1mb down if that. The guy in the phone made me reset my network connections which lost all my WiFi/Bluetooth connections which was very frustrating. He sent me a new sim which has made zero difference. My phone is 5g capable but I don't seem to be able to get that in my area, I get 4g and strong signal but speeds are slow, it's better if I go onto 3g but it's still slow. It's not just my local area that's affected I have been to other towns and it's still as rubbish, quite clearly a network issue. Can anyone do anything or should I be looking to leave? 

Thanks

39 REPLIES 39

alexdc12
On our wavelength

It's crazy isn't it! You'll have better luck on 3g I think, that's what I found. Honestly give up now, virgin should allow you to leave if you are having blatant signal issues

Hi there @Nialli

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been experiencing similarly poor service and feel trapped into your current SIM deal. 

I can raise a complaint for you in regards to the experience for you, I will send you a PM now so we can do this and look into the issue further. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.

I think VM are deliberately ignoring the obvious and widespread issues in the hope that most customers will leave. I expect that any remaining Virgin Mobile will then migrate whatever Mobile customers are left to O2.

That Virgin levy a full (and very high) monthly charge at loyal customers whilst they do this is definitely unethical and possibly illegal. That’s what I’ll be asking OFCOM to investigate.

If I’m wrong about this I’m sure someone at VM will correct me and explain why so many customers of Virgin Mobile are experiencing such appalling service…

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way @Nialli but I can understand your frustrations. 

If you would like me to look into this further with you then please do respond via the PM and I will do all I can. 

Thanks again.

What u don't understand is why me as the original poster was basically told there's mast issues tough luck. There has been mast issues for months now. Shouldn't the correct route to be logging a ticket with Vodafone for the current issue in the area? Are Vodafone not in breach of terms? 

Virgin seem very un-bothered by these widespread issues which is why what nial is saying seems perfectly plausible. 

The supposed "mast issues" are a red herring - Vodafone customers don't experience these low data speeds, it's just the Virgin-over-Vodafone customers. A neighbour is on Vodafone and he gets speeds ten or more times faster than me.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nialli,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

So sorry for the issues faced with your data and I can appreciate the frustration this has caused. 

I can see that our agents has brought this into a PM with you, to avoid any confusion I'll allow them to deal with this.

Thanks,

Kain

And this is how VM retire these threads without admitting there’s an issue. Yes, I’ve received a PM, but what is being suggested does nothing. Just got my monthly bill for £27.92. I really don’t understand how you can charge for data on your mobile service the days

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

This isn't to retire the thread Nialli, whilst I can appreciate the frustration the data issue can cause, it's easier for yourself to run through the checks via the PM rather than seperate messaging.

Once all checks are done, further advice will follow.

Thanks again,

Kain

justinrd
Tuning in

unfortunately your best bet is to leave. i did the same.