Menu
joshrhoden4
Just joined
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin connect app won't sign me in

Hello and thanks for any help/suggestions!

A few days ago I started a Virgin mobile account and received my new SIM with a temporary number from Virgin. I installed the connect app and everything worked fine and downloaded the wifi hotspot profiles to my device and they worked fine too.

I recently used a PAC code to move my old number to virgin and since it being activated, I can no longer sign into the Virgin connect app. Using my 4G for a SIM authentication login, it gives me an error saying "we had a problem connecting you". It has only started saying this after my old number was moved over. I have deleted the wifi hotspot profiles off of my phone, reset my network settings and have deleted and reinstalled the connect app however, I still get this error message. 

Is there anyway I can login as the app hasn't been able to login via checking my SIM since moving my old number over? Many thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin connect app won't sign me in

Thanks for contacting us @joshrhoden4 and welcome to the Virgin Media community forums.

Are you still having this issue? If so there maybe an issue with the new sim card and the number transfer that has caused this. To look into this further, would you be ok to do this via online chat to get this looked into? You should have received a notification on your screen to join the chat.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

After a PAC has been used, it can take a good 3 days after the PAC has finished for Virgin's system to update and recognise the new number for the App 

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Aqui10
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Same issue for me as well. Been a few weeks and still not working. Any idea what can be done?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello Aqui10 thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

To look into this I'll just need to pass some security with you through a private message.

If you're ok to respond to this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right corner please?

Thank you, Emily.

thorpemeister
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Similar issues. Ported 3 numbers over today. App won't connect on any of the devices. On iOS, i get 'having problems'. On Android, i don't get the option to log in with SIM, only with a Virgin Media account (which I don't have)

0 Kudos
thorpemeister
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The iOS phone is now connected and working. On Android the app never scans for the SIM. It only offers me the option to login in with Virgin Media which I don’t have 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello thorpemeister

Have you recently ported your number to us?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@thorpemeister wrote:

The iOS phone is now connected and working. On Android the app never scans for the SIM. It only offers me the option to login in with Virgin Media which I don’t have 

A check if you have a dual SIM phone, if so, the Virgin SIM has to be in slot 1 to be seen by the Connect App.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
thorpemeister
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It’s a single SIM phone. I think the SIM and / or porting is the problem

0 Kudos