Menu
Lee_Enfield
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin changing SIMs

This all started around 11/09/2020, when a letter came that stated that Virgin wanted to use a new SIM - since then I have been without a mobile phone.

Virgin have since sent me three SIMs none of which seem to have worked. I have bought a relatively cheap mobile phone via Amazon from Oakcastle (a 2G phone). One person (called Enlli) suggested I get a Nokia 104 mobile phone, which I did, from Argos, but that did not work either.

I recently tried the third SIM in a friend's disused smartphone - the phone picked up that it was a Virgin SIM, but seemed not to get enough signal to perform properly.

What I would like is for Virgin to supply me with another SIM pre-fitted to a relatively cheap mobile phone (about £20) which has been checked by Virgin staff, for which I am happy to pay.

Would this be possible please?

Please private message me to get my phone number etc - thanks very much.

Best Wishes,

David Lee

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin changing SIMs

Hi Lee_Enfield, 

Sorry for the delay in response to your post. 

I would like to start off by adding that we wouldn't send a phone with a pre-fitted SIM that had been checked by ourselves, as it's not possible. I also have looked into your account from previous conversations and I can see a cheque refund was sent to you back in November to buy a handset with the value. It seems like this has been ongoing for a while now and I would suggest that it might be best if we did supply you with a PAC code so you're able to move to another provider. You have been able to use the SIM in a friends phone - the SIM doesn't seem to be the problem (regardless of signal). We wouldn't be actioning anymore phones/payments to yourself for this. 

Every customer that has a mobile SIM with us that had an old SIM has had theirs replaced - it's not specific to yourself as many customers have had the change. 

What I am able to do is send you a 4th SIM, send it already active as I feel the ones you've had previous have not been activated and when you have put this in a phone - it wouldn't have worked. 

Let me know what you would like to do 🙂

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Lee_Enfield
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear Ryan

Sending an activated SIM sounds a goodly idea to me.

I wasn't aware you had to activate a new SIM and I could not find details about that on the Virgin website, but perhaps that was my fault !

Thank you.

Best Wishes,

David

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem at all David. 

I have just sent a SIM to you already activated - so you don't need to activate it. Just need to pop it into the phone. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Lee_Enfield
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear Ryan

Thanks very much - fingers crossed !

Best Wishes,

David

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pleasure is all mine - please keep me posted David. 

Keep safe. 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Lee_Enfield
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear Ryan

Received your activated SIM thanks and finally managed to get two-way phone calls going at last.

Hooray !!!

Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes,

David

0 Kudos