cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin and O2 websites show different Volt benefits

mikefraser
Up to speed

I've been notified that my three Virgin mobile SIM only accounts are to be transferred to O2 from 6 June, and I will be on 30 day rolling contracts. The Virgin media website lists various Volt benefits, one of which is: "And O2 Travel Inclusive Zone, so you can roam freely in 75 destinations worldwide at no extra cost". However, the O2 Volt website says: "Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone is available with selected Plus Plans. It is not available on 30 day sim only tariffs." Now, it may be that the Virgin deal with O2 overides that, but I don't want to find myself in a situation where I use something I'm not entitled to and collect an enormous bill! So, will my accounts have access to this benefit, or not, please?!

11 REPLIES 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may take 14 days to Activate

If you go into My O2 it will list your Volt Benefits 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mikefraser
Up to speed

Thanks, but at the moment I can't log into MyO2, presumably because the transfer hasn't happened yet. It just seems odd that the two websites have different wording, so I'd like something definitive from VM! Can't be too careful...😊

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mikefraser 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there has been some confusion with your benefits when migrating over. The O2 Travel Inclusive Zone is included as a Volt benefit, but is only applied from the day the benefits are activated - whether this is automatically, or manually by one of the team.

I've confirmed with our team in O2 that all Pay Monthly tariffs, including 30-day ones, are eligible for Volt benefits. Pay-As-You-Go services are not eligible. Can you let me know where you've seen the wording of 30-day tariffs being ineligible, along with any screenshots, so we can get it raised to the right people?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

mikefraser
Up to speed

Hi Reece

Thanks for the response. I found this apparent conflict on the O2 website when I was checking to see which countries outside Europe are covered by the Travel Inclusive Zone. I say apparent, because if you Google o2 Volt benefits Travel Inclusive Zone, you land on this page, which does not specifically mention Volt, although I can't find any other pages relating to this subject! It does, though, categorically state 30 day rolling contract SIMs are excluded.The page concerned is at O2 | O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone,  screenshot below2023-05-14.png

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for that, mikefraser.

I've confirmed with the team that the wording for this side of things is correct. If you were to be a standalone O2 Customer, the Inclusive Travel Zone is not available on 30-day contracts. If your account is enrolled on Volt Benefits, this is applied automatically as it is included in your benefits.

The details relating to Volt Benefits can be found, here. This page also contains all the "Legal Stuff" down at the bottom, which doesn't identify 30-day rolling SIMs to be excluded from specific benefits.

Hope that clears things up 🙂

Reece - Forum Team

Well I'll just blame Google for sending me to the wrong page then!  I had seen the page you referred me to, which is why I was puzzled to see the one I found on O2. Thanks for clearing this up.

Best wishes

Mike F

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries at all, Mike.

It can be quite confusing to read, so I apologise for that. I've raised it as a form of feedback to our Web Team, who will look into updating the wording, or adding a separate tab to make it more clear for customers who may have similar questions to yours.

If you need anything else, feel free to raise a new post and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

mikefraser
Up to speed

I ought not to be surprised at this, but the transfer took place on 6 June as planned.I immediately got the double data allowance on all three mobiles, but had to wait 18 days, not 14, to get the broadband uplift. However, the Inclusive Travel zone has not appeared in my O2 account, and when I queried this with O2, they are adamant the SIM only accounts are not eligible for the Inclusive Travel zone bolt on, even under the move from VM, and if I want it, I have to pay extra. Are you able to re-educate them from your end, or do I need to get an external agency to bang heads here???

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

SIM only are eligible for the inclusive travel zone. I'm on SIM only with O2 and Volt and have had it from the off.

O2 Customer Services are noted for saying anything when they are not sure of the answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks