Menu
Almac44
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Sim in Hafury GT20

I am looking for information on how to get my virgin sim to work with a Hafury GT20. The Sim works in a Huawei P10 lite but won't work in the Hafury. The same thing is happening with my wife's phone (similar models). Have contacted Hafury, but no response as yet

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Sim in Hafury GT20

Hello

If the SIM works in another phone then that has narrowed down that the issue isn't with the SIM and is related to the actual phone.

When you say doesn't work what error message if any do you get ?

It could be that the phone is locked to a different supplier where was the phone purchased from ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Almac44
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. The Hafury phone is sold unlocked and sim free. These pictures show the behaviour with the sim installed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drmdo0vrl2osy97/2020-12-29%2011.39.26.jpg?dl=0

this is from the settings page in the Hafury

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvgn1845fxkh8e0/2020-12-29%2011.39.52.jpg?dl=0

further detail from the settings in the Hafury

Note that the phone is detecting the mobile signal but does not recognise the telephone number.

Virgin Mobile does not recognise Hafury phones and does not recognise the IMEI numbers

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not displaying the telephone number is not unusual. My S20+ does not display the number of my Vodafone SIM

As to Virgin not recognising IMEI that is the same for all phones not purchased through them.

Neither not displaying the number or recognising the IMEI should prevent it from working. Obviously they can't offer technical support for a type of phone they don't supply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Almac44
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Previous phones not bought through Virgin but have worked OK. Hafury phones bought through Amazon and I have the option to return them up to the end of the month, which I will do if I can't sort this out. Pity because these phones are otherwise very good (better camera, more memory than Huawei) 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Apart from

• Checking for a firmware update
  • Checking for correct APN settings
  • Doing a manual network search to see what comes up

I'm at a loss

0 Kudos
Almac44
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I have been trying with the APN settings and think I am getting somewhere. the Hafury uses Android 10 whereas the Huawei uses Android 8 so the menus are different but by playing with the choose network part in the settings I got it to find EE then Virgin Media. After this I managed to call our house landline so at least something is working and I can play with it.

0 Kudos