cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Scam Artists

jonathanb13
Joining in

Hello,

I'm here to vent my utter anger at how Virgin misled me into a 2 year contract WITH a contract phone I didn't want. 

About 20 months ago, I called Virgin Mobile to change my pay monthly tariff and asked for the 'Unlimited Data' tariff. The man on the phone went along with this and told me there was a gift that goes along with this (OPPO phone) and I insisted repeatedly that I did not want the phone, but the man insisted I should take it anyway as I will get the phone regardless. 

Fast forward to last week, I called Virgin and asked to be changed to a lower data tariff, to be told that I'm still locked in a contract with a contract phone. To my surprise, I asked for a contract to prove that this was the case and Virgin could not provide one. After an hour on the phone, they said they COULD provide one by post. I received a letter days later with no contract in it, just a statement that I'm currently in a 'classic contract that will end on 12/12/23' which includes a handset and unlimited tariff. 

Clearly, I was missold this contract phone and ensnared into a 2 year contract against my will. Not only this, but they have no contract, no signature, no evidence that I'm even in an agreement with them.

I am very close to ending my direct debit with these fraudsters.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @jonathanb13,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear this has been happening, what I would like to do is invite you in for a private message so that we can go about sorting this out for you. If you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe