Menu
Danny1888
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Moblie Port

Good afternoon community.

I, like many, have ported a number to Virgin, this was requested at around 12:30pm yesterday afternoon.

As of posting this message, the virgin app shows the number associated with the sim, and trying to call the number I wish to port, tells me it’s disconnected, the old sim shows no service, so where has my number went?

Its my daughters phone, iPhone 8, have done all the usual change number in the phone settings, turn iMessage on and off, nothing is working.

Trying to dial out just immediately gives the timer on the screen as if the call has connected, but no noise or dialling tone, and the recipients phone obviously doesn’t ring,  sending texts from the phone results in the sim number being the one that sends the text, not the number I have ported over.

currenkty I can only send sms messages, from the sim number, and FaceTime or iMessages which still recognises the number to be ported, which is of no use as calls need to be made/received in the ported number.

0 Kudos
Danny1888
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Moblie Port

It is now the next day, and the transfer has still not happened, nor can I make calls from the number tied to the sim.

anyone wish to actually pick this up, I am not paying for a contract that has lost a ported number and I can’t dial out from.

0 Kudos
Danny1888
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Now ported.

only the 24 hours late, no one should have to be waiting 48 hours for a port to go through in this day and age.

Thanks for your ‘help’ however…….🤷

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danny1888,

Thanks for giving us an update, glad to hear it has been ported over, sorry for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused 

Zoie

0 Kudos
Danny1888
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replying after the fact is as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

if you can’t manage a simple porting request within the OFCOM regulated timeframes, don’t advertise that you can.

0 Kudos