Menu
nicktav
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile

This is on behalf of my Mother.

She has been in hospital for a few months and her iphone 5 has now started to say no service and on the internet page it says that the device is not recognised.  She is due to go home soon and needs her phone as  a form of emergency contact. I have tried to call 789 from it, but with no service it doesn't connect.

They sent it to me to try and get it working, have exhausted all the normal avenues, resetting it, checking all connections, turnoff/on and no joy.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile

Hi there @nicktav 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear that your mother has been having issues with her handset and signal. Before this happened has she changed the SIM or had any notifications about us sending her a new one? 

Have you been able to take the phone away from the hospital to test if it's only there she is having issues? 

If you are able to pass security on the account we will be able to take a look in to this for you on her behalf. You would need to know the memorable word in order to do so. 

If you'd like me to send you a private message please let me know and we'll go from there 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nicktav
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile

Hello Hollie,

Many thanks for the email.

Yes I now have the phone, they managed to send it to me.

It still says no service and device not recognised at home on my own virgin internet. i would have sent a message via the hot key of 789 but it won't connect at all.

As far as I can tell she hasn't had a message about the SIM or changed it (she has been in hospital that long we would have picked it up at her house).

Next time I talk to her I'll try and find out what her memorable word is.

Many thanks again,

Nick

0 Kudos