Menu
HugoM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile won't let me cancel

Virgin Mobile has failed to provide a service since about 30 days after it started, i just beyond the 14 day cooling down period.  They have admitted on the chat that they can see that I'm not using any data, and my 4G WIfi just says that the card is locked and i can't find a way to unlock it.  The result is I'm paying money and getting nothing.

Chat won't cancel the contract.  They say i have to phone.  I phone, and hours later the call disconnects without putting me through.

I'm going public.  Cancel and refund you pirates!

Anybody on this community know how to get the message through to someone at Virgin Mobile who can actually cancel the contract?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile won't let me cancel

Hi HugoM,

I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to use your Mobile services due to an error on your phone/Sim card, if you want to cancel it will be the retentions team you would need to speak to, if you are on a contract with a handset then you would need to pay the loan off in full first.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
HugoM
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul i put in a letter by snail mail and they've promised to get back to me.  Let's see how it goes

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any signal at all?

I know you say the card is locked but it may actually be your phone that is network locked. What phone is it and where and when did you purchase it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post HugoM and sorry for the delay in response.

Has the team been in touch since your last post? 

If not, have you checked the coverage checker to see if this was due to any work in the area on masts?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
HugoM
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily.  I haven't heard back from anyone.  I know that every time I try to call and can't get an answer straight away, they say they have tried to call me, but of course they haven't left a message and to be frank, if I get a missed call from a number I don't recognise, what am I supposed to do?  Could you twist some arms, set some rockets away, and suggest that it's a duty of customer service to leave a message with the details I need to ring them back?  One failed call (or it might simply be lying) and then no follow-up is a lot lower standard than I would expect of anyone callign themself "Customer Service"

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to confirm how the coverage in the area is on the above link? 

Can we also confirm if the SIM card can get coverage in an alternative handset?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos