cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile signal issues

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

Hey 

For a few good months now, the signal keep getting worse in my house. I've called the VMobile Team and they couldn't help - or understand, to be fair - at all. I've seen quite a few posts around with the same issues. 

The networks in manual network selection still show Vodafone as an option (which makes me think I'm still on EE). Recently it went from two bars to one bar... and the quality of the call went really bad. It is maintained at 1 bar for over a day now. There has been no change in any interfering equipment from my end. 

Can someone look into this, please? Or do you know a general cause for it? 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
13 REPLIES 13

Hey Hayley 

I don't know people around me, let alone what network they are on. But what I do know is that we had another VMobile with a different handset (which we've moved to O2) and it had the same issue. I've checked the EE Coverage Checker and there don't seem to be any fault. 

As there are 2/2 mobile doing that, I assume it must be specific to the coverage. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

From checking the network in your area it appears there are a number of mast issues on the network. Granted not all of the masts in your area are experiencing the issues but if it is a particularly built up area the knock on effect of this could be congestion impacting the servcie.

Some of the local masts are highlighted for planned work so it would appear the network are aware of this and are looking to carry out some work soon.

Rob

Hey

Thanks. That makes sense. Is there any way to raise this with the network, you reckon? Or as they are already aware of it, it's not gonna make a difference?

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

The work has been flagged for planned work so the network are aware of this. You check for when there is work ongoing in your area via the EE service checker here

Thank you.