cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile poor coverage

Ballsmedia75
On our wavelength

I mean it's garbage, I live in London and there are so so many areas that get E or H come up with speed. This isn't some Mickey mouse SIM company is it? Jesus I've used O2, Vodafone, EE and others over the years and never had such crap mobile coverage, it's so bad that pictures in Twitter don't even load, websites don't load. Their coverage checker doesn't add up. Anyone explain why it's so rubbish. It's not my phone.

65 REPLIES 65

• Can you state your specific issue? [is it calling, texting, mobile data?]  Loss of signal now at home and on route between Dundee and Fife along A92
  • Is this limited to one area? [city, post code] Nope my home now has basically zero signal. Route I used to get 4g on for most part is now zero signal for about 10 to 15 miles its a farce on the a92 (DD4 / DD5 and KY )
  • Is this indoor/outdoor or both? Indoor at home / Outdoor on a92
  • Have you had your SIM recently replaced? Nope. Now on a 5G contract and it switched to vodafone
  • Are you able to confirm if using Virgin Mobile's older EE-based or newer Vodafone-based SIM? Vodafone.

Will be cancelling all 3 of our sims and going back to EE. Shockingly poor service. 

Look at this coverage of a main route of the a92. How is this acceptable?

what a joke.jpg

Unexpectedly the underground has allowed me to connect more. The issue of poor data coverage is no better, either virginmedia are being mugged off by Vodafone or their complicit in their offering of rubbish speeds. Either way the customer is getting mugged off, I'm just running this contract down and bailing out. To get an offering of 2g and 3g in London is bloody shocking.

Hi Ballsmedia75,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly understand the frustration this issue is causing, especially when you're advising that you have a better signal on the underground.

Is the poor data coverage just in the London vicinity or is it anywhere you go?

Kind regards Jodi. 

“Just in London”? Virgin Mobile’s biggest market having inadequate coverage is not a minor problem!

Is not that the underground has better coverage, it's just that I've managed to connect on a few occasions compared to not connecting at all for most of my contract. Though funny enough I'm now told I have too many connections and won't let me connect now. I've only connected with my mobile only (not using multiple devices like a mobile, iPad, laptop etc) and I travel a couple of stops, switching to a different line on route. Anyway I digress, my connection around London has been appalling to okay, it's not good enough to be reliable. I've just come up from the tube at Seven Sisters and the phone is showing 2g, I walk down the platform and it shows 3g. Just too many times it shows 3g on my travels. It doesn't add up when I check the network coverage and it tells me good coverage for 4g indoors and outdoors. Someone is pulling a fast one here just can't work out who it is.

H Ballsmedia75,

Thank you for reaching back out, I know you advised a while ago you do not have another handset to try, are you able to use a family members or friends just to rule this out, as your connections are very erratic compared to what the network checker is saying.

Regards

Paul.