cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile number displayed as International Call on landline CLI display

Keefc
Tuning in

Just a question for anyone who may have experienced a similar issue.

I have a Virgin Mobile phone and have tried to call a landline number in the Hull (KCOM) network.

Each time I call, the Caller Line Identity (CLI) is displayed as International Call. This is repeatable to several different Hull Landline numbers and with several different Virgin Mobile phones, including mine, my wife’s, two neighbours and a friend.

When calling any landline number from my Virgin Mobile phone outside the Hull area, the CLI is recognised and displayed properly – again repeatable with several Virgin Mobile phones and several landline numbers outside the Hull area.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Keefc

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Are you able to let me know if other mobile numbers that are calling KCOM landlines are also being displayed as international numbers?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak_M,

Thanks for responding to my post.

As far as I can tell, other mobile networks are coming through OK as I have received mobile phone CLI's on the Hull landline but can't guarantee that Virgin is the only mobile network affected.

I complained to KCOM and Virgin Mobile back in January 2021 but this is still unresolved.

Regards and thanks,

Keefc

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Keefc,

Thank you for coming back to us, so we can try to help and get a better idea of what is going , does this happen when you call any other landline/ Mobile, is it a iPhone that you have?

If it is a iPhone I have been able to find information on another post with similar issue here?

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for your time and for highlighting a similar post. Unfortunately that is a different problem.

Just to be clear, the Calling Line Identity shows up as International on incoming Virgin Mobile calls to KCOM landline phones. All other calls to the KCOM landline phone show up with the correct CLI (landline or mobile incoming calls) and all incoming calls to the Virgin Mobile service on the iPhone also show up with the correct CLI (including incoming calls from KCOM landlines). This is repeatable using several different Virgin Mobile accounts/phones, irrespective of the mobile phone Manufacturer.

Hope that helps to better explain the issue.

Thanks again and regards,

Keith

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Keefc, 

Thanks for your post I can see you are responding on another post regarding this, please keep to one thread so we can help you.

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Certainly sticking to this one thread - and have not responded on another post? unless I've made a mistake?

Thanks and regards,

Keith

Hi @Keefc,

Is this issue ongoing today? If so, would you mind confirming what model of mobile handset you're using, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

My phone is an iPhone X.

However, as I have already said, this is happening with several different iPhone types and Android phone too so don't think this is a phone issue - it appears to be a repeatable network issue.

Thanks and regards,

Keith

Hi @Keefc,

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, so I'm hoping you can clarify. Do you have multiple phones that are experiencing the same issue, or are you referring to other people that are also calling the Hull numbers that you've mentioned?

Along with this, to ensure nothing is repeated where possible but also so nothing is missed, would you mind clarifying what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've carried out thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!