cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile internet speed.

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

Hey. 

I've tried to search for an answer but the last tread for this subject seems to date back to 2018... According to my very modest forum Search. 

I'm having an engeener visit tomorrow for the broadband, but I have to sort an important project the morning. I've called Virgin Mobile and the team, after a bit if a transfer, have me unlimited data for my mobile contract. Very nice of them. 

But... The speed seems slower than earlier today when I had limited data on my mobile contract. I don't know if it's normal, I've restarted the device and all... And it's been like that for a while. 

I've had a good WhatsApp call over the mobile data, but not sure how my tablet would react when I will thether this in the morning. 

What do you think? Is this the average speed on unlimited plans? 

It sits and an average of 4Mb/s download and 1.3 Mb/s upload. Is this operation you think? I genuinely don't know...

I'll have a Zoom call and would need some share screen. I also use a VPN for this.

Screenshot_2022-01-05-23-05-47-443_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AlexanderMTTH

I have been able to locate your account from your previous posts

The area where you are has a degraded mast 

This is Owned by EE and I expect they are award of this and will be looking to fix this as soon as they can 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AlexanderMTTH

I have been able to locate your account from your previous posts

The area where you are has a degraded mast 

This is Owned by EE and I expect they are award of this and will be looking to fix this as soon as they can 

Gareth_L

Thanks, Gareth!

Do you think it would help if I raise this with EE directly?
OR... even smarter would be to ask, CAN I raise this, since I'm with an MVNO?

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there is a fault EE will almost certainly be aware due to their automated systems.

There is another possibility. I noticed that you had changed your data allowance, that may have precipitated the change to the Vodafone network, something that is happening to all customers at a very quick pace now.

Doing a manual network search is EE present and Vodafone missing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@enlli wrote:

If there is a fault EE will almost certainly be aware due to their automated systems.

There is another possibility. I noticed that you had changed your data allowance, that may have precipitated the change to the Vodafone network, something that is happening to all customers at a very quick pace now.

Doing a manual network search is EE present and Vodafone missing?

Thanks for the EE note - I have no idea how telecom works (as I'm sure you grasp from the post). Great if they have an automatic system. 

Regarding the network, I sort of see both EE and VDF. Which is most unexpected. But more VDF options than EE options. Can you please ave a look, see if you get more out of this than I can. Do you think I was moved to VDF? 

4193f989-bc9c-4a53-b4f5-9a29bf8613ae.jfif

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From that I would say you are on EE

The EE 4G you can see will be the National Emergency service run by EE but not available to the general public.

To check what EE have on your location go here. 

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Put in you postcode and phone type and then select CHECK STATUS  not the coverage button

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@enlli wrote:

From that I would say you are on EE

The EE 4G you can see will be the National Emergency service run by EE but not available to the general public.

To check what EE have on your location go here. 

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Put in you postcode and phone type and then select CHECK STATUS  not the coverage button

Thanks! That explains the EE network. The Network status on the website seems fine. 

This is the result from the check:

No known problems in my_POSTCODE
The network should be fine here. If you're having problems, flag it up and we'll investigate.

Problems reported in the last hour may not appear straight away.

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Good morning.

I've checked and there are a number of masts local to you currently down and some that have planned work on them. As EE manage and maintain the masts we don't have access to the planned work but the issues would cause congestions as the same number of people in the area are using their phones etc but via fewer masts causing congestion.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill