Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile customer service is awful. I'm leaving unless this gets sorted.

The people are nice, but I can't get ANYWHERE. I talked to several people in the live chat with complaints about my bill. A few weeks ago after I was told what my bill was, I went to a live chat to tell them there has been a mistake. They told me that the finance team would contact me to get it sorted by the following week. They didn't. After my bill went though, I contacted them again in a live chat the following day (last Thursday). They told me to call the collections team. I did, got cut off the call the first time and had to call them again. The woman on the 2nd call actually got me somewhere, but eventually led nowhere. She told me to make an indemnity claim with my bank and then I agreed to pay the correct amount on Monday. I did a live chat on Monday and got nowhere, said I'd have to pay the full amount again, making my indemnity claim pointless. The person I talked to said the collections team would call me after 24 hours. They didn't. Thanks for wasting my time, Virgin.
So I'm leaving. I paid the correct amount of my bill £6.53, but Virgin still want their greedy hands on £67.20! You don't deserve it as far as I'm concerned. I was going to stay with you, but you've proven to me you don't care about your customers.

I'm only going to explain this once more, because it's annoying. The aforementioned £67.20 charge was due to a mistake because of my own ignorance. It was an international number. That number was in an EMAIL sent from my COLLEGE TUTOR for a GOOGLE HANGOUTS session. I didn't know anything about how Hangouts worked and didn't have a mic for my PC at the time, so I called the number because it was an option. If I knew it was an international number, why would I call it and stay on the line for 56 minutes?! That's financiel suicide. I'm an unemployed college student. I don't have the money to spend on international calls or dumb mistakes like this. I explained this 5 times to people at Virgin. Once to the person that told me the finance department would call me, then to the person that told me to call the collections team, then to the women at the collections department (the 2nd one telling me to make the indemnity claim I mentioned) and finally to the person I talked to in a live chat on Monday, who didn't seem to understand. Out of all of these, only 2 or 3 people seemed to understand my situation.

I'm moving to Giffgaff. Just waiting for my SIM card. I'm giving Virgin one more chance to keep me. £67.20 is over 10 months of my normal pay monthly bill, so it's either cancel that charge completely and you keep me, or I pay it off monthly and you never hear from me again after.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'll also give negative reviews on Trustpilot and other places if this doesn't get sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile customer service is awful. I'm leaving unless this gets sorted.

Are you serious?

It's your mistake so obviously you have to pay it! 

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile customer service is awful. I'm leaving unless this gets sorted.

Sorry about your position, but you made the mistake and Virgin Billed you correctly. They run a business, not a charity  

You are probably better off with GiffGaff, not because they are superior but because you have to pay up front and once your credit is used up you are cut off.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are YOU serious? This is highway robbery and selfish! Taking advantage of customers' poor financial situations is disgusting.

The best thing about this is I don't have to stay with them. If they don't want me to continue paying them after 10 months, that's their problem. Not mine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As a business, it would be in their best interests to keep their customers, no? If not, then that means they're fine with me leaving them.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They're not taking advantage of anything, if you make poor decisions you have to deal with them and not expect others to cover your costs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can leave them but you will have a £67 unpaid debt going on your credit record, screwing you up in future.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Never said I wasn't going to pay it off. I'll just pay it off the way I can; monthly. This just means they'll lose me as a customer. They can take their dirty rotten money, keep it and say goodbye forever to me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peace_Boy

I would like to look into this matter further for you.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos