Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile contract changed without consultation

Hi All,

I am writing in regarding my brother's SIM only deal i got him for Black Friday deal in 2018 which was 200Gb. Yesterday he received a mail saying he in being moved onto a the unlimited  SIM only deal with in April with no other explanation or no prior notice. As you can understand he is very unhappy with this as he is happy with his current deal and does not want to go on to a more expensive deal and also as he is on a rolling 30day contract surly his T&C's should not be changing unless he changes his contract.  He has complained to customer services and got no where with this. Can anybody explain why this is happening and how the company can circumvent his current deal like this.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile contract changed without consultation

If he is on a 30day then he isnt in a contract, virgin can do what they want in regards to the tarriff with a minimum 30days notice, your brother is free to leave to another provider if he so wishes or move to another more suitible tarrif

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

you still haven't answered my question why this is being done, the reason behind it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@moshaf73 wrote:

you still haven't answered my question why this is being done, the reason behind it.

Because Virgin Mobile may do it from time to time

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/PAYM-AND-PAYM-SIMO-...

5.1 General changes:
We may change this Agreement at any time including for Network security reasons, legal or regulatory reasons, or if we wish to have all of our customers on the same terms and conditions for Services. We may also need to change or withdraw all or part of your Contract Allowance, all or part of our Services if they are uneconomical, technically impractical, not fulfilling their purpose for you or us, or as a result of changes in technology or changes made by our Network supplier. We may also change our Charges or introduce new Charges at any time.

5.2 Details of any changes:
Any changes we make will be available on our website or will be available from our Team on request. Changes to the Charges will be reflected in the Tariff Table. Please check our website regularly for any changes.

5.3 Significant changes:
We will notify you at least one month in advance of any change coming into effect if we make any changes to your Agreement, or the Services you are using, or to the Charges for any Services you are using, which (in our reasonable opinion) are likely to be of material detriment to you.

If they do make a significant change, you have a Right to Cancel the agreement:

10.1 Your right to cancel:
You may cancel this Agreement:
(a) by notifying us within 14 days from the date your contract started that you want to end this Agreement without giving any reason;
(b) at any time after that for any reason by giving not less than 30 days’ notice to the Team on 789 from your Virgin Mobile handset or by calling 0345 6000 789*;
(c) by giving not less than 30 days’ notice if we break this Agreement in any material way and do not put it right within 7 days of you asking us to;
(d) if all of the Services are permanently no longer available to you; or
(e) if you do not accept any change that we notify you about in accordance with clause 5.3 and you notify us in accordance with clause 5.4 that you do not accept such change.
(f) at any time by terminating your services using a STAC code or moving your number to another provider using a PAC code

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Well most of the people on here are customers. The staff that do reply are probably unaware of any commercial decisions higher up.

Was this 30 day contract bought from somewhere other than Virgin, because they have not done stand alone 30 day contracts for some time now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

was a VM mobile customer when he upgraded this via a call to customer services.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Well, if he wants to stay on 30day and with a 20gb allowance he may have to move providers.

Lots out there at good prices at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Virgin do have a habit of clearing older plans out at least once a year. They have given notice and within their right to do so, also your right to walk away scot free if in contract or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I'm in a similar position - although out of the initial year contract - but my contract states very clearly a "lifetime" discount with an end date 31st Dec 2099 but the email I just got says that any discounts I currently get will no longer apply...

That makes me somewhat less likely to trust VM in the future. On the other hand the new contract is very competitively priced and would be hard to beat but that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Discounts/promotions last until the plan they started with has been changed or the dates you are seeing if plan has not been changed, Virgin are changing your plan so discounts will be lost 😠

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos