Menu
alys11811
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile/Yodel didn't deliver

I ordered a new mobile from Virgin last Thursday, as requested I signed the new contract before 6pm so that I got the next day delivery that they promised.  My mobile sat in the local Yodel depot for the whole of the next day, instead of being delivered to me.  I didn't get the phone until the day after that (the Saturday).  I took a day off work on the Friday to wait in from 7am-9pm to wait for the delivery and lost a day's wages.  Can I claim compensation from Virgin Mobile/Yodel for this?  Virgin Mobile say it's Yodel's fault and Yodel say I have to deal with Virgin Mobile?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Mobile/Yodel didn't deliver

Hi Alus11811, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that your phone wasn't delivered when it should have been and I can appreciate this has caused you some disappointment and wasted time. 

Whist we don't offer compensation I'd certainly like to look into this for you and see what's gone on, do you want to pop me a personal message with your mobile number?

Thanks 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
alys11811
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I would like you to look into why my mobile wasn't delivered the next day as promised please.  According to Yodel it's because they didn't receive the phone from Virgin until the following morning after I placed my order.  My number is*********.  My order was for the mobile number ****************.

I look forward to your response.  

Eleanor

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Jay-m-w
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This happened to me also. I signed a contract late on Thursday 24th January and was promised my new iphone 8 plus on Saturday [yesterday] with an email from #Virgin to confirm. I waited in all day today and realised that the #Yodel tracker website said my phone could not be delivered and was estimated for Monday when I am at work. numerous calls to Virgin proved fruitless. I could not even cancel the contract. Shocking.

Hello J...

That's it - we're all done! You'll find all your details confirmed below, including where we'll deliver it. 

It's on the way... [NO IT ISN`T !!!!!]

Your shiny new package from Virgin Media is on its way to you! We'll deliver your order on 26/01/2019. You can keep an eye on your order through our delivery partner Yodel's site for live progress of your delivery

0 Kudos
Les01889
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You're lucky if you get anything delivered by Yodel. They must be the worst delivery service out there. I won't use any company that use them now if I can avoid it. 

LidiaGrzegorczy
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi i have got problem with Yodel on track system they said my parcel been delivered  and sign but i didnt get anything. Contact with then but they keep saying driver said he deliver on my adress but i dont have nothing. I spoke with Virgin  they start ivestigation and i have to wait 5 -6 days . My question what next? I read lost of storys about how they still parcels ,and sign for customers ??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi LidiaGrzegorczy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that you're having some issues with a recent delivery, I can fully appreciate your frustration with this. 

The team would be able to contact Yodel to get more information regarding the delivery and who it was signed by. 

I'm confident the team will be in touch soon to advise you of the next steps, in the meantime has a complaint been raised? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
LidiaGrzegorczy
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just complaine to Virgin ,in yodel they keep saying parcel been delivered also driver "come back" and spoke with women and confirm phone is in home , but its not true .Noone contact with ,only i habe to caal to Virgin and Yodel.

0 Kudos
kenfi
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Interesting to see this post and that it is listed as 'Resolved'. Here I am with exactly the same problem and exactly the same responses. Yodel website for the last 6 days has said 'parcel out for delivery'. Is it by foot?

Virgin says they can do nothing yet I see a whole stream of similar posts going back years. It is not that you cannot do anything it is will not. Virgin continues to use yodel. 

I have to do all of the work and hours of my time to get any information at all. When I finally get on to amyone at virgin or yodel it is the same- 'We undersatnd how frustrated...I can do nothing else from my end...check the tracking site...

How do you, virgin. keep washing your hands of this?Take some responsibility.

0 Kudos