Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Weirdness - New Customer (ish) Explaination ?

Hi,

I purchased a virgin sim only deal over the BF Weekend from CPW on a 30d, £10 for 8GB/2500Mins/Ultd Txt deal. Suited me perfectly as I don't want to sign up to long contracts etc having had a nightmare of a time with VF this last few months and literally willing to pay the £90 termination to leave them. I'm already a VM customer (Broadband).

I received the VM sim a few days later, registered and activated it, but for some bizarre reason the account was showing PAYG (not what I ordered). Spoke to CPW who told me it would be 48 hours before it would be setup properly (which I was rather apprehensive about given I have also just done the similar for my daughter and her's shows as Pay Monthly, only exception being it was a 12mth contract)

I've just however received the following email, which frankly explains absolutely zero, and is probably one of the least transparent things I've ever read. There is no explanation.

Hi,

Thank you for applying for our rolling 30 day SIM Only.

Unfortunately on this occasion the required criteria for the contract has not been met and we're unable to offer you the deal however, you can still join us on one of our Pay As You Go SIMs. Just visit virginmobile.co.uk for more details.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

CPW are however still selling 30d(1 Month) multi-sim deals for Virgin, even though they previously labelled it for BF. https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/virgin/sim-only-deals.html#!/t_contract_length/1/sort/relevance

What gives? I have no credit issues, quite the contrary, so do these deals exist or not? (I DO NOT, want or need a 12 month contract before it's suggested)

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Weirdness - New Customer (ish) Explaination ?

30 Day rolling isn't a thing any more.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So how come I can go to CPW and buy it right now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've asked the team to look into this for you as it has come up before and they handled it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vengeance72

I would like to investigate this further for you.  To enable me to do so I am going to send you a Private Message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

I look forward to helping you.

Regards

Lee_R

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Vengeance72 wrote:

So how come I can go to CPW and buy it right now?

Because they are idiots?

There was a few of these about a month ago, AFAIK the customers involved were sorted out- by VM not CPW

Enlii has already flagged this to the team and I see they have responded so hopefully its on its way to sorted.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Superstar
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Kippies said: "

Because they are idiots?

There was a few of these about a month ago, AFAIK the customers involved were sorted out- by VM not CPW

Enlii has already flagged this to the team and I see they have responded so hopefully its on its way to sorted."

Not sure who the idiots are 😆

30 day plans have been available from CPW since the 12 month contracts started (getting in 2 year ago?).

They are different plans (data, minutes ect) to what Virgin sell themselves, so who is making these 30day plans up - Virgin or CPW?

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I also bought a CPW deal and it was 12 month contract but has been registered on virgin network as PAYG.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

They are mysterious indeed and none of the contracts offered appear on the Virgin Website and you will not be able to register an account without speaking to Virgin.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I gave up with it all to be honest and ended up going to a 30d rolling contract with Voxi (which right now due to some technical issues you get unlimited data and doesn't appear to be getting fixed any time soon)

My daughter cancelled her contract with Virgin not long after this and also went to Voxi, missus went to GiffGaff.

Shame really as (not that they care) lost out on three customers with an intent to actual go further and get the whole TV package she-bang. Knocked that on the head too.

CPW are still selling 1M / 30d contracts to this day, so perhaps Virgin might do something intelligent for once and actually contact CPW to find out what they are playing at.

0 Kudos