Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Useless

I joined recently and have had nothing but problems and the bad bit is that Virgin do not offer any solution:

1. Cannot collect voicemails when abroad. I spent hours on the phone from Spain and eventually one of their assistants admitted there was no solution and I would have to collect my messages when back in the UK. The reason is Virgin do not have reciprocal agreements with the operators in Spain for me to get access and they do not have a solution.

2. All my phone numbers in my iphone do not work when I dial as the virgin response is do not recognise the number dialed. My only solution is to re type the number into my iphone as a new number then it works.

3. I use conference calling on my iphone but Virgin do not support this so I cant do it at all.

4. Virgin doesnt support wifi calling.

If I'd known this I would have never gone with Virgin as I use my phone for business as much as personal. If Virgin read this what are your solutions to all these problems?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Useless

1: Voicemail abroad needs a voicemail pin to set, did you set one while in the UK before going away.

2: Sounds like like the long running problem Apple have, where the contacts/phone numbers have randomly chosen to be on a another countries format. Go into contact settings and choose another country and then back to the UK setting.

3: True, Virgin's purple SIM's do not support Conference Calling.

4: True, Virgin do not have WiFi or 4g calling.

4 and 5 are really down to you choosing a cheap/basic running service. If those services are important to you, you really need to stick with one of the 4 big boys and pay their prices.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Take the sim back and cancel the contract..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:
Take the sim back and cancel the contract..

Easier said than done, it took me 22 minutes to give 30 days notice on my out of contract sim/phone, due to the fact that they just wanted to sell me a new phone/contract.  I can't think how long it would take to cancel an actual contract. 

0 Kudos