Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Sales Team = Dishonest, Slanderous, Liars

Hi there,

I'd recently applied for a mobile with Virgin Mobile on Thursday 4th June order 100001078562310.

I checked over the weekend and the order said it was parked. I assumed that this meant additional checks and that the provisioning team would reach out to me. However that hasn't happened and i can no longer log in to check the status of my account it says there is a "problem"

I rang the new order team today - the 0345 number contained within the missing account webpage, WHAT A MISTAKE as to be frank they are dishonest, badly trained and useless.

The conversation roughly went,

NUMPTY "Oh sir your order had been cancelled, no reason why but someone will be in touch within 24 to 48 hours. But i can reprocess it for you".

ME "Ok, let's do that" so we go through that process

NUMPTY "Oh I can't process any further orders because the account is blocked. But someone will contact you within 24 to 48 hours". 

ME " Contact me about which order the cancelled one or the new attempt?

NUMPTY "The cancelled one I think sir." 

ME "Hang on, why would they contact me about an order if it's already been cancelled."

NUMPTY "Ah well maybe they won't. Apparently there was a Fraud block on processing more orders."

It was considerably more painful than I've alluded to above but i can't be bothered to transcribe the whole conversation, just watch a Monty python sketch and you'll get the idea.

Apparently this has been decided and i haven't been contacted. Well I can tell you right now I have a good credit rating, a mortgage, car and earn a good salary, certainly a £52 per month phone bill isn't going to cause me any sleepless nights.

Numpty, couldn't put me through to the provisioning team, apparently the computer says no, but that was probably just as well if they are as useless as the front line. 

Is this standard business practice for you guys, sign people up, cancel their orders without explanation, email of phone call oh and call them a fraud. Quality service there. I work for a Telecoms provider and if i treated my clients like this in the current climate i'd be looking for a new job, but obviously Virgin are now suitably big and greedy not to actually give much of a **** about potential customers. God knows how bad it is once you're actually signed up.

I'm posting this as I'm interested to know why you people have handled my order like this? I'm not going to apologise for my tone as my partner is about to give birth, I need a new reliable phone sorted asap as my iphone 8 is on it's last legs and you were offering good deals, apparently too good to be true it seems! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Sales Team = Dishonest, Slanderous, Liars

What good deal?  Ive never found VMobile to be particulary strong on mobile deals, just SIM deals

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SuitedandBooted, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry to hear about the issues you've had getting in touch regarding a parked order, I can appreciate the frustration. 

Orders can be parked for a few reasons, it could be the credit check or it could be that we need more information as the details you've given us don't match. 

I can certainly pop you a personal message and confirm things further for you and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Emma,

Appreciate your sentiment I really do but it’s too late now. Incidentally, if you read my post, my frustration lay in why the order was cancelled without any contact from the virgin team and subsequently meant a new order couldn’t be placed. The parked issue was a precursor to that.

Anyway, I’ve joined Sky mobile today which was a smooth and comprehensive process. No issues with credit or anything as my circumstances are excellent and was able to easily complete my order over the phone with someone who was extremely competent and understood me. The whole process reminded me why I left Virgin and switched to Sky for TV etc around 6 years ago. The contrast in customer service is night and day.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SuitedandBooted,

I am sorry that your order was cancelled and you weren't made aware. I'll make sure this is fed back to our team for you.

We wish you the best of luck with your new services.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos