Menu
frankgibb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Holding Plan

I received a text this morning to tell me I had reached my spending cap.

Checked my account on-line and saw that my Plan had changed to "Holding Plan" with no Text, Minute or Data allowances and a zero spending cap.

Anyone else get this?

Currently using the text service to try and resolve but that will take a while.

0 Kudos
frankgibb
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Holding Plan

Apparently there is a reason for this. A bit of a saga. Read on if you want...

I was contacted by VM Mobile asking if I wanted a new phone and was given a few choices. Being a person who likes the small form phones I chose the Apple SE along with a 24 month 5G contract (the more discerning will spot a flaw already).

The new phone duly arrived. I put my current SIM into it and hey presto all good. Except I didn't get 5G. Using the text system I asked whether I would be getting a new SIM to allow 5G. Was then told the phone was not compatible with 5G.

Discussion ensued on why the agent would sell me a phone which was not 5G compatible and provide me a 5G plan. I returned the phone (that's a whole story in itself) and put the SIM back in my new phone.

Oh dear. Swapping the SIM between phones seemed to upset iMessage and Facetime - they wouldn't register the phone number. Contacted VM on the text service again and eventually, after trying all the usual reset nonsense, conceded that I need a new SIM. Which duly arrived and did indeed solve the problem.

All of that was in March.

So a month later VM have decided they can't put me back on my old plan because it no longer exists. And stuck me on a holding plan.

Currently arranging for a new plan to be added.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @frankgibb,

Thank you for your post. I am really sorry to hear of your experience and these complications you've had with your new mobile phone order and tariff plan.

I can see in your last post that you've stated you're currently arranging for a new plan to be added, which is something that sadly we're unable to arrange and put in place for you from here I'm afraid. I'm sure that my colleagues will be able to assist with that, and all of our contact details can be found here.

If there's anything else that we can help you with, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
frankgibb
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach

Yes, it is all sorted. I have a new 5G Plan and a shiny new SIM card to go with it arrived today.

Haven't experienced 5G yet - the map shows it stops at my next door neighbour! But that's not the point since I use WiFi when at home of course. Hope to give it a whirl when I'm next out and about.

Frank

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @frankgibb,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update on the situation here.

I'm really glad to hear that this has now been addressed and resolved. Again, I do apologise for the inconvenience that this all caused for you.

If there's anything further that we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos