Menu
dianaorza
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Change Plan

I have recently purchased a mobile and was given data only contracts.

Virgin does advertise you can change your plan monthly but I only have data only to choose from.

My husband is on virgin and he has options to choose between different options that include calls and text why can't I see those options !

If I try to upgrade the plan I get 

The spending cap you've selected won't come into effect if you choose to upgrade this plan. To change your spending cap please visit Your Account after your order. *

*However, this new spending cap will come into effect if your spending cap is set to unlimited.

Sorry you'll need to wait until your Pay Monthly contract ends on ... and there is no date.

I thought I can upgrade or change plan every month but why I don't have minutes and calls plans available I don't understand ... 

Does somebody else have the same issues as I do ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Change Plan

Good Afternoon dianaorza,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been unable to change your tariff to include minutes and texts, in addition to the data. 

We do offer some data online contracts, can you tell me if the contract you've agreed with us was with the phone you've purchased or have you purchased a third party handset and agreed a SIM only contract with us? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
dianaorza
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

The contract I've agreed whas with a phone and it's length is 3 years. I've tried to change to upgrade the plan but the only offerings I have are data only contracts and I would like some with minutes included.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello dianaorza

Sorry to hear this 

As a rule we are unable to look at package changes or costs on here 

This will need to be done by calling us or 0345 454 1111.

You can also send us a text with a description of your problem to 07533 051809
 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. 
Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dianaorza

Sadly, it is a common mistake Virgin have making for many months now, where they supply a data-only sim with a phone - they should only be supplied if you brought a tablet.

I'm surprised you have received no help here 🤔.

Getting help ringing in will most probably take a few calls before you get someone willing/knows how to help you, most will blame you for picking a data-only sim - which is in actually impossible for you to do 😄

If you do get help, request any call costs you may have incurred - while you have been missing out on your call/text allowances.

If you get fed up trying to sort it, the sim is on a 30day contract, so you can get a PAC or STAC code and take a sim on elsewhere - the phone loan payment will carry on as normal.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.