cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media mobile and Tube Wifi

AdeyBee
Joining in

Since the system for the tube wifi has changed i can't connect and i can't see anywhere to get instructions baout what to do to let me connect. I understand i'm supposed to now try and connect to 'Wifi Extra' but when i do this it asks for a usename and password. I have the Virgin Media connect app - the most up to date version And a recent profile from the app. Should I delete this app and profile?   Do i need to do something in my settings? 

Please can you put up a page explaining how to do this as it's really very annoying. 

I use an iPhone (14 Pro) on the latest iOS (16.4) 

18 REPLIES 18

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @AdeyBee, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Virgin Media customers with a mobile device will still be able to access Wi-Fi on the London Underground, they will however need to sign up and register for the new BAI/TFL service.

Can you confirm if you've been able to do this?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

hi yes - so this doesn't work. Is it that Virgin Mobile customers don't have access to it? There's nothing on the link you provided for me that explains how to register and seems to imply that O2 customers only seem to be able to use Wifi Extra - if I do need to register, i'm happy to do this - but please provide the link where it explains how to register - as it's not in that press release, and there's nothing for Virgin Mobile customers listed there

Thanks for coming back to  us @AdeyBee.

Virgin Mobile's coverage is now operated by O2, and therefore you would have access to this as a Virgin Mobile customer.

Sadly as it's not a Virgin Media service, you might be best contacting the BAI Communications directly via the E-Mail address on this website to gain assistance with the registering for this service.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Not that helpful at all. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there TRT1968,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for any issues faced, to clarify has all steps advised above been attempted?

Regards,

Kain

Yes. 

Hi @TRT1968 

Are you having the issue where it asks you for a username/password?

If so, this shouldn't be the case and our team are aware of this. They're working hard to find out why and fix asap.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I’m having exactly the same issue 

Hi Emma340
Are you having the issue where it asks you for a username/password?

If so, this shouldn't be the case and our team are aware of this. They're working hard to find out why and fix asap.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill