Menu
Lil-Squabbit
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Mobile Finance ๐Ÿ˜ก

I just wanted to voice my issues that I have been having with the Mobile Finance department of Virgin Media. Let my clarify that this is not the department that deals with the contract but the ones who finance the handset as part of the  "Freestyle Contract".

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to seek help through a debt management company and in turn was advised to seek a Debt Relief Order, which is kind of like a mini bankruptcy. This was a horrible thing to have to do and extremely demoralising.

As part of the DRO, I had to list all my debtors, which included VM Mobile Finance for the handsets I had on contract. Now with regards to the DRO, once enforced and by law, all debtors must refrain from chasing the debt for a period of 12 months after which they are written off.

The DRO came in to effect back in the beginning of July and the Official Receiver contacted all the debtors to inform them of their decision. Since then and as expected, all the debtors have abided by the order, froze all accounts and stopped contact with me in regards to the debt, that is, accept for VM mobile finance!

They have continued to contact me with mounting arrears letters and legal threats. I have contacted them on a few occasions, explaining the situation and Informing them on each occasion that I have a DRO. On all of the occasions they have told me they had received no such order and asked me me to send it to them via recorded delivery to an address they supplied, which I did, only to receive another letter referring to the debt yet again the following month. 

I have now raised a complaint with their mobile finance department regarding the issues but I am not going to hold my breath. I will also be contacting the office of the official receiver to inform them of the situation and and am now looking into a legal solution to help me through this distressing time.

Thank you VM Mobile Finance, you have caused me untold stress and anxiety on top of an already life changing and financially destructive situation. This has effectively caused me unnecessary worry and placed more strain on my family during this terrible year of hell.

I hope this serves as a warning to others when considering a new contract with Virgin Mobile. 

...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Mobile Finance ๐Ÿ˜ก

I have now raised a complaint with their mobile finance department regarding the issues but I am not going to hold my breath. 

Find out who the regulator is for VM Mobile Finance - most probably the Financial Ombudsman Service.  If VM haven't sorted this out to your complete satisfaction (eg stopping their misbehaviour, apologising and offering compensation for the distress) within eight weeks then escalate to the regulator.   That is free for you to use, and costs VMMF money, and their decision is binding on VMMF.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lil-Squabbit, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear your instructions have not been actioned.  I would like to have a closer look.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lil-Squabbit
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Done and thank you for the advice

Callen 

...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!
0 Kudos
tina12gg
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been granted a debt relief order since December 15th and I have the same problem
I sent 4 letters with confirmation
still vm calls and stalks me
tina12gg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I received a debt relief order since December 15th and have the same problem
I have sent 4 confirmation letters
still have leather fro  virgin mobile

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tina12gg, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Could you tell me more about your situation please? 

What happened to create this issue and what does the letter state?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos