Menu
john2590
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Mobile - Calls not being received / Proximus

Hi,

I am hoping someone can provide some assistance.

I have an Irish mobile account, which has worked perfectly. I have been over in the Channel Islands, where the phone has continued to work perfectly fine. 

However, I now no longer receive any calls. I just get a beep confirming a voicemail has been received.

I get continual texts/emails off people, saying that my phone isn't working and that when they call me it goes straight through to an English Language School ad or a Betting ad.

I have tried contacting Virgin, they will not respond. They logged a ticket 3 weeks ago, I can't get them on the phone or by email, or the online chat.

If i look on my setting it states Proximus is my provider, and not Virgin? If this is relevant.

I have rebooted my phone, restored factory settings, deleted everything, ran virus checks etc and I cannot seem to get to the bottom of this. I also have a different Vodafone phone which works perfectly.

Has anyone encountered an issue where it is like something is intercepting my calls so I don't receive them, or is my only option to change network on this?

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Mobile - Calls not being received / Proximus

You say an Irish Account. If so this is Virgin UK.

If not, do you have an iPhone then this may help

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.

Virgin UK SIM cards are Proximus programed 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos